PM Modi also expressed his happiness over increasing number of Yoga school in last three years. In a brief speech, Prime Minister said "Yoga is more than just a healthy body - it leads one to complete wellness".
The prime minister, who is himself a yoga enthusiast, stressed that those who start practising it realise that their body parts have become supple and that they have become active.
Despite the driving rain, Modi performed aasanas along with UP governor Ram Naik, chief minister Yogi Adityanath, deputy CMs Keshav Maurya and Dinesh Sharma and the entire UP cabinet.
People performing Yoga in front of Gateway of India on International Yoga Day. In this capital, thousands of people gathered to perform several asanas or postures, push-ups and stretches in various places such as downtown Connaught Place, Lodhi Garden, Talkatora Garden and Nehru Park.
"There is a need for standarisation of yoga", he said but maintained that even as everyone cannot master the art, people can still practice yoga.
As many as 200 employees of Gaursons India Pvt Ltd participated in the Yoga Day celebrations held at the company's office in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh this morning. She said she quit her job to be a yoga teacher. This 80 minutes of yoga session was in full swing despite the heavy rain. "Yoga is a way of life and helps to unite people", he said.
Celebrity yoga guru Baba Ramdev claimed to have set a new world record for the largest yoga session by gathering more than 300,000 practitioners at an open-air ground in the western city of Ahmedabad.
The Indian High Commission also organised a yoga camp in Islamabad on Sunday in which India's envoy Gautam Bambawale and other diplomats participated.
With various ways of programs conducted by the state and central governments, the yoga program conducted in the presence of honorable central ministers plays a vital role in all aspects.
- Ex-detainee believes torture possible in death of Otto Warmbier
- Trudeau to change name of National Aboriginal Day
- In Georgia, Handel reaches out to Democrats and thanks Trump
- Blues ready to claim their first State of Origin Series since 2014
- Jewish Democrat Jon Ossoff defeated in crucial Georgia congressional race
- Bayern insist Lewandowski is staying
- Pregnant mother of 4 shot, killed by police in Seattle
- Queen to outline United Kingdom government agenda in scaled-down speech
- Back to Iowa, Trump faces some disgruntled independents
- Treble for owners Godolphin at Royal Ascot day 1