The crossover rock-and-country star teased fans on Wednesday with tweets, hinting at a US Senate run, apparently for the seat now held by Michigan Democratic Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.), who was first elected in 2000.
Supporters can also buy branded merchandise for Kid Rock's 2018 run on the site and sign up for email updates.
Musician Kid Rock announced Wednesday he would run for senate in MI in 2018.
"It's a bit like someone taking a vehicle out on the road, but not having a license plate", Mauger said.
"I'd probably be more Libertarian, but I'm a firm believer you have to pick a side. If you purchase a vehicle and don't have any of those things, yes, you are driving a auto on the road, but you haven't gone through the steps you need to go through".
Ritchie also sells Trump-themed merchandise on his Warner Bros. website.
"Kid Rock, like President Trump, has a populist appeal - especially in Michigan", Joseph Guzman, a Trump campaign co-chair and professor at Michigan State University told The Daily Caller News Foundation.
Yes, Kid Rock has launched his campaign to be elected as Senator for MI in 2018. "But after Donald Trump's surprising win a year ago, we need to act fast". Several, including Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Kanye West have floated the idea of running for office, but here is a gallery of nine celebrities Kid Rock could join in putting pen to paper and filing to run.
On one of his most popular tracks, "All Summer Long", musician Kid Rock sings, "And we were trying different things". Some are in support of the idea, and feel that he will bring a fresh approach to the Republican party in MI, while others are shuddering at the idea of another celebrity entering politics.
- Looking For Details On Syria Ceasefire? Don't Ask US Military
- Federer books Berdych in Wimbledon semi-final
- Trump Lands in Paris Hoping For Common Ground With His Counterpart Macron
- Why I joined Arsenal preseason tour - Olivier Giroud
- Prime Day Breaks Amazon Sales Records
- FDA panel endorses potential 1st United States gene therapy
- Roger Federer points way for battle-scarred Andy Murray, Novak Djokovic
- Pak PM's daughter forged papers: Probe
- Two Large Studies Offer Fresh Evidence of Coffee's Health Benefits
- Trump insists son is innocent, slams 'witch hunt'