The match had a bit of everything. Other notable players on the team include the captain, Alex Brosque, who scored 11 goals last season and Serbian forward, Milos Ninkovic, who scored nine goals last season.
Lacazette is exactly what Arsenal have needed for a long time.
But in a match where both summer signings made their first appearances for the Gunners there was plenty for Wenger to ponder with the start of the new season less than a month away. The lively 17-year-old Reiss Nelson was a handful on the right flank while fellow young debutant Joe Willock slalomed through Sydney's defence.
But the opening goal, in the fourth minute, came through an unlikely source and in the most unlikeliest of ways.
He used his strength to hold off the defender before cleverly hooking the ball into the corner of the net with his back to goal.
'It is true that I really enjoyed my five years with Arsenal, ' Giroud added (transcription via the Daily Mail).
Per Mertesacker of Arsenal celebrates.Per Mertesacker of Arsenal scores. "It's the boss who will decide about this, but when you have different strikers in your team, it's the bets for the club".
Much came the way in creating chances, but Arsenal couldn't capitalise.
"In some games we will play with four at the back and some with three, but at the start of the season we will certainly play with three".
Watch the comedy of errors from the referee and Welbeck in the video above. A poor back pass allowed Welbeck to pick up possession before he slid the ball to Walcott. Ryall pleaded with Danny Wellbeck to intentionally miss the penalty, frantically pointing to the big screen replay, but the England worldwide was in no mood for mercy.
The France global striker had started on the bench but came on when Arsene Wenger changed the whole outfield team with 20 minutes to play.
Do you something awesome to share with the world?
Download the Nigeria Today app from Play store.
- Trump Jr.'s Russia emails could trigger probe under election law
- Kit Harington's never-before-seen Game of Thrones audition is hilarious
- Federer books Berdych in Wimbledon semi-final
- House Democrats press Sessions about Russian lawyer's role
- Chinese dissident, Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo dies at 61
- Amazon Prime Day sets company sales record
- Canada lifted rates, and its dollar went nuts
- Michael Carrick sends message to Man United fans about becoming captain
- Roger Federer points way for battle-scarred Andy Murray, Novak Djokovic
- Two Large Studies Offer Fresh Evidence of Coffee's Health Benefits