The emails between Trump Jr. and publicist Rob Goldstone suggest a "Russian government attorney" was willing to provide information that would "incriminate" Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.
A person close to Manafort said that he hasn't yet received a letter from the Senate Judiciary Committee about a possible interview. Passed in 1938, the act requires agents representing foreign countries in a "political or quasi-political capacity" to disclose that relationship and information about related activities and finances. If the younger Trump doesn't agree to show up, a subpoena will follow, he said.
"I'm going out on a limb here - but I would say I think it would be in the President's best interest if he removed all of his children from the White House".
"I keep hearing 'he'd rather have Trump.' I think probably not because what I want a strong military, she wouldn't spend the money on the military", the president said.
Multiple Congressional committees as well as Special Counsel Robert Mueller are investigating potential collusion between the Russian government and the Trump campaign.
Among the big unanswered questions: What happened to the joint cyber-security agreement Trump said had been reached?
Rep. Adam Schiff of California said Trump Jr.'s omission of Akhmetshin's role in his public account of the meeting and the president's son's shifting explanations "paint a portrait of consistent dissembling and deceit".
Joint press conferences that USA presidents hold with foreign leaders traditionally include two questions from journalists of the host nation (in this case, France) and two questions from journalists of the visiting nation (in this case, the United States). "And unless what he says is verified by other sources, I'm inclined not to believe him".
The lawyer for Donald Trump Jr has not responded.
However, there are "Republicans of good will" holding back to see if McConnell's effort is successful, said Durbin, and if it's not, then he hopes "we can move forward together".
- Alfred Angelo Bridal Chains Closing All Stores
- Twenty years after her debut, Venus Williams, 37, reaches ninth Wimbledon final
- Football seasons inches closer as the ACC Kickoff commences in Charlotte
- Les Pyrénées sourient à Romain Bardet, Aru prend le maillot jaune
- GOP ready to try pushing new health bill through Senate
- Galaxy Note 8 to go on sale in September confirms Samsung chief
- Donald Trump tells French first lady she's in 'such good shape'
- Trump Defends Son During Press Conference With French President: "Nothing Happened"
- The heat and humidity returns this week along with several storm chances
- Sir Carter and Rumi pictured for first time — Beyonce