Organisers said that safety concerns meant they could not move the match to Centre Court, where play can continue until 11 p.m. under floodlights with the retractable roof closed.
The All England Club copped a pounding from Djokovic, who also complained of a hole in the middle of the world's most famous centre court.
Defending champion Andy Murray is playing Sam Querrey on Centre Court, and Gilles Muller is facing Marin Cilic on No. 1 Court. In a clash of tennis generations, five-time Wimbledon victor Venus Williams - at 37, the oldest player in more than two decades to reach the last eight - will go toe-to-toe with 20-year-old French Open champion Jelena Ostapenko.
"Could be. We both had a very long, very tough year, a lot of matches, a lot of emotions, a lot of things in play", he said.
As a result, Djokovic will be the only men's quarter-finalist who did not get a full day's rest between his round four and last-eight ties, with 2010 runner-up Tomas Berdych the man set to benefit most from the Serb's misfortune.
"This year I'm just a normal tennis player again where I can focus on tactics". Obviously, he's been around many years.
"It's not a shoulder, it's an elbow that keeps bothering me for over a year and a half", he said. It was I think his first Grand Slam final.
It's the business end of the tournament and instead of the early stages messily merging into the last 16 match-ups, the tournament presses the re-set button and the pause amplifies the sense of drama to come.
"If you are already getting to the 6-6 fifth set, you might as well just decide it in a tiebreak". "I was making a lot of chances also in the sets that I lost".
Magdalena Rybarikova completed the semi-final line-up, beating CoCo Vandeweghe 6-3, 6-3 to make her first ever Grand Slam semi. "I guess the break is something that I will have to consider right now", he added.
- Brexit position paper on pending ECJ cases published
- Nick Saban: Freshman QB Tua Tagovailoa won't redshirt, will see the field
- Looking For Details On Syria Ceasefire? Don't Ask US Military
- Reliance Jio Announces New 4G Plans with More Data
- Trump's Claim Of Ignorance On Son's Russian Meeting 'Strains Credibility — Dem Senator
- New GOP Health Plan Seeks Conservative Support
- Pak PM's daughter forged papers: Probe
- Why I joined Arsenal preseason tour - Olivier Giroud
- Uber admits defeat again, this time in Russian Federation
- I confronted Putin over Russian meddling — President Trump