Hartford received the most with just under two inches while New Haven received the least at around a half inch.
Sunday: Winds will stay light and out of the south all day as we warm into the mid 90s.
The front over us begins to basically wash out Wednesday.
This morning: Areas of fog, mostly cloudy. Humidity will steadily creep upward on a stiff southerly breeze.
GFS model forecast of heat index values at 2 p.m. Thursday. However, it will feel more like the mid to upper 90s. We've got comfortable temperatures, low humidity and clear skies to start this July 10th! Daytime highs will reach between upper 70s and low 80s.
We get a break from the humidity this weekend
This will set the stage for a steamy Wednesday with highs spike to around 90 degrees.
There will be a threat of scattered thunderstorms all week long. The best overall rain chance looks to be Thursday night into the day on Friday. Such an on-shore flow would cool us off a little bit, especially along the coast.
By this weekend highs return to the low 90s and maybe even dropping below 70° in a few spots. The front will break the heat wave, but barely - and make it more comfortable into the weekend. Highs will come back down into the 80s.
A subtle change in our weather pattern, and a weak front pushing into our region late Thursday, will bring isolated storm chances almost statewide followed by a bit of heat relief Friday and Saturday.
- First pitcher off the board: Cubs acquire Jose Quintana
- Dollar Slides as Investors Watch Yellen Testimony
- Football seasons inches closer as the ACC Kickoff commences in Charlotte
- Andy Murray beaten in Wimbledon quarter-final
- Climate Change: Trump Opens Door to Rejoining Paris Accord
- Revised Senate healthcare bill includes version of Ted Cruz's controversial amendment
- Nick Saban: Freshman QB Tua Tagovailoa won't redshirt, will see the field
- Trump's Claim Of Ignorance On Son's Russian Meeting 'Strains Credibility — Dem Senator
- Donald Trump could be IMPEACHED after Democrat files official papers — BREAKING
- Video shows Trump meeting with Agalarov family — CNN