President Donald Trump defended his eldest son on Thursday over revelations that he met with a Kremlin-connected lawyer who had at one point reportedly offered damaging information on Hillary Clinton. He said the president had not been aware of Trump Jr.'s June 2016 meeting and didn't find out about his son's email exchange until "very recently".
One source familiar with Justice's criminal probe said investigators doubt Russian operatives controlling the so-called robotic cyber commands that fetched and distributed fake news stories could have independently "known where to specifically target ... to which high-impact states and districts in those states".
In the 2013 video, Mr Trump is seen entertaining two seats down from Rob Goldstone, the publicist and former journalist who contacted the president's son with the offer of providing "incriminating" documents about Hillary Clinton "and her dealings with Russia".
On Tuesday, however, with the Times ready to release the emails, Trump Jr. tweeted them out himself, revealing nearly every word he had said in his defense to be a lie or minimization. And that's why I say, 'Why would he want me?' Because from day one, I wanted a strong military.
The hits just keep on coming.
The elder Trump also bashed the mainstream media.
But nothing happened from the meeting, zero happened from the meeting. A spokesman for the Senate Judiciary Committee said the letter hasn't been sent.
Sherman said: "I am pleased that Congressman Al Green has joined me in filing Articles of Impeachment against Donald J. Trump".
Trump Jr. released the emails after The New York Times reported on the meeting. Richard Burr of North Carolina, hasn't said whether the secretive committee will call him in.
Donald Trump Jr is 39 years old.
"I think this is some sort of fiction".
Trump was asked about a comment from Wednesday, when his nominee to lead the FBI, Christopher Wray, said campaigns that receive an offer of information from a foreign government should notify the FBI. They then traveled to the Elysee Palace for talks.
- Verizon says no customer data lost in reported breach
- Trump wanted to collude, but did Putin — LEONID BERSHIDSKY
- I confronted Putin over Russian meddling — President Trump
- Le président américain Donald Trump accueilli en grande pompe en France
- Kevin Durant was not amused by Peyton Manning's Warriors joke at ESPYs
- Trump's Claim Of Ignorance On Son's Russian Meeting 'Strains Credibility — Dem Senator
- Trump Meeting With French President Macron In Paris
- Arsenal unveil star-laden squad for Sydney tour
- Reliance Jio Announces New 4G Plans with More Data
- Kid Rock teases a US Senate run in 2018