The period after the goal wasn't as action packed as the first 5 minutes of the game but it was clear to see the benefits of the 3-4-3 formation that was used.
While Arsenal negotiated with Lyon for Lacazette, the French club talked openly about signing Giroud but it was made clear by both player and Gunners boss, Arsène Wenger, that the striker's future was in north London.
"At the end of the day I would say their goalkeeper was man of the match". Im still an Arsenal player for the moment so I try to be professional.
Egypt midfielder Elneny hit the bar with a sumptuous strike during the second half, while Steven Lustica's consolation offered scant threat to Arsene Wenger's side, who made it two wins from two on the Sydney leg of their pre-season tour.
Expect a deal to be done soon, as Giroud seeks a place to get regular first team football.
Arsene Wenger hails Reiss Nelson, Joe Willock impact
"Arsenal will be playing a very good game because their pre-season is a lot shorter than ours so they don't have too much time to impress Arsene".
It may only have been a preseason game but Lacazette also showed some brilliant all-round play, linking up well with fellow attackers in the final third. Willock almost scored a spectacular solo goal after dribbling past two defenders but was denied by the goalkeeper. After 68 minutes came the 10 changes, with Lacazette on for his Gunners debut. Perhaps it's time to start taking Bramall seriously, though.
Though new signing Sead Kolasinac is recognised mostly as a left-back, the Bosnia-Herzegovina global is an ideal fit for the left wing-back role that's been filled at times by Nacho Monreal and the possibly departing Kieran Gibbs. What a bargain he might turn out to be.
Olivier Giroud's comments leaving his Arsenal future open have been taken more seriously in France than they seem to have been in England.
- Harrington shares lead in Scotland, McIlroy misses cut
- Man United reportedly trying to hijack another Chelsea deal
- US Democrats introduce new bill on Russia and Iran sanctions
- Trump and Macron's Parting Handshake Looked Like a Literal Nightmare
- Russian-American lobbyist says he also met with Trump Jr. past year
- Juventus set to sell Bonucci to AC Milan for £35million
- Wimbledon - Saturday Schedule: Venus Williams faces Garbine Muguruza
- Cheap Tricks to Watch 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Premiere for Free
- Michelle Wie withdraws from Women's US Open
- Russian Federation urges to make step backwards from 'red line' on Korean Peninsula