There were no demonstrators.
Feng, whose swing mirrors her personality - carefree and whimsical - was more than up for the myriad of obstacles tossed at her.
Yang, who has 16 top-10 finishes in majors without ever winning, is one stroke back at 67. Carlota Ciganda also was 4 under with a hole left. She would have to eagle the par-5 18th to get a share of the lead.
Henderson's best putt of the day was that one for birdie on the first hole.
Trump, surrounded by Secret Service agents, made his arrival to watch while Feng was on the 15th hole, which runs near the clubhouse. What's more wonderful about Shanshan's round is that it came just days after a long flight back from China, where she played in a tournament last week.
Ko, who played alongside Feng, added: "I tried to give myself as many birdie opportunities as I could as I needed to take advantage of the calmer conditions".
He's the first sitting president to attend the U.S. Women's Open and the third to attend a USGA event.
Amy Yang, who was one shot back after the first round, was at 5 under with 10 holes to play.
If unsuccessful this week, Ko will have gone more than a year since her last LPGA Tour win, at the Marathon Classic.
"I heard people kind of screaming, so that's what I was trying to find out", like why they were screaming", Feng said.
The rain-soaked course did play longer, Feng said, which she admitted "made me feel like I was older". I'm not political. Him showing or not showing isn't a big deal.
Jeongeun6 Lee and ShanShan Feng are the early leaders here on Friday at 6 under.
Two weeks later South Korean Ryu leap-frogged the Thai into top spot by winning the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship and becoming the season's first multiple victor.
Hye-Jin Choice, a 17-year-old from South Korea who is the world's second-ranked amateur, also was at 6-under after a second straight 69.
Michelle Wie had a 73. She said an MRI showed no disk issues in her neck, and she termed the injury as a sprain.
Defending champion Ryan Moore shot a 71 and missed the cut, finishing at 3 over after two rounds.
- Russian Federation urges to make step backwards from 'red line' on Korean Peninsula
- Galaxy Note 8 to go on sale in September confirms Samsung chief
- US Democrats introduce new bill on Russia and Iran sanctions
- Manchester United reportedly hijack Chelsea's Tiemoue Bakayoko transfer
- Committee Chair Requests Donald Trump Jr. Testify On Capitol Hill
- Roger Federer vs. Marin Cilic: Date, Time & Preview for Wimbledon Final
- Report: Star midfielder wants to play for Man United not Chelsea
- Trump and Macron's Parting Handshake Looked Like a Literal Nightmare
- Andy Murray urged to sit out of US Open
- Biglia si avvicina al Milan, si allunga la lista dei sostituti — Lazio