The seventh-seeded Croatian, who was US Open champion in 2014, will face either 7-time Wimbledon victor Roger Federer or Tomas Berdych in Sunday's final. Join 30,000 other users who win cash by playing NostraGamus. Cilic did manage to win one of their more recent matches, in 2014 at the US Open semifinals.
When you miss out on a place in the final of Wimbledon, it helps if you've left it all out on the court. He will seek a record eighth Wimbledon title when he faces Marin Cilic on Sunday. The match will mark the 25th meeting between the two, with Federer leading 18-6. He won the Halle Open, on grass, in fine form and has been fantastic throughout Wimbledon. Federer is favored to defeat Berdych, according to Bovada.
Federer made light work of Milos Raaonic in his quarterfinal winning in straight sets while Berdych advanced after Novak Djokovic retired hurt.
Berdych reached the Wimbledon final in 2010, losing to Rafael Nadal.
His first serve speed dropped and, after falling behind at the start of the second set, the Serb decided that it wasn't worth the risk.
Cilic was unable to convert break points in the first and fifth games of the second set but the pressure eventually told and he broke through for the set-deciding game at 4-3. "But I don't think it's going to matter big-time".
Serving from the deuce court, Berdych put in a good serve down the "T", that Federer could just slice back into play. Nadal and Murray were both upset.
Cilic's victory was far from straight-forward as Querrey snatched the first set and very almost took it to a fifth only for his opponent to break at the crucial moment.
Ultimately, Cilic played a much cleaner game. Querrey had 46 winners and 26 unforced errors to go with 13 aces. Still, nothing could stop another tie-break where Federer again came out strong with an early mini-break. Cilic hit 70 winners to Querrey's 46.
"We had a brutal quarter-final a year ago here and he crushed me in straight sets at the US Open in 2014", said Federer.
He then won Indian Wells and Miami before skipping the clay season to be best prepared for Wimbledon, and make sure he was taking care of his body. Wimbledon's official Twitter handle uploaded a video interview of the master blaster where he can be heard talking highly about 35-year-old Swiss player.
- US Democrats introduce new bill on Russia and Iran sanctions
- Russian Federation urges to make step backwards from 'red line' on Korean Peninsula
- Committee Chair Requests Donald Trump Jr. Testify On Capitol Hill
- Lewis Hamilton prefers Greek holiday to event at home
- Emmys 2017 Nomination Snubs - Who Was Left Off List
- Biglia si avvicina al Milan, si allunga la lista dei sostituti — Lazio
- NBA Summer League: Matt Thomas nets 10 for victorious Lakers
- China's Nobel Laureate Liu Xiaobo Dies in Custody
- Galaxy Note 8 to go on sale in September confirms Samsung chief
- Wimbledon 2017: Venus batters Konta, faces Mugunruzu final