The report did not name the lobbyist, but did say he holds dual citizenship with the United States and Russia.
The White House's response to Trump Jr.'s emails was apparently complicated by Trump Jr.'s own misleading statements. If fact, nearly every politician and political operative on both sides of the aisle who has publicly commented have said they would not have attended. The cover story, written by Time editor-at-large David Von Drehle, explores what kind of damage the email story might cause for Trump Jr. and his father's presidency.
In the June 9 meeting, Mr Trump Jr has said, Ms Veselnitskaya did not produce damaging information on Clinton after all and instead focused on a sanctions issue that involves a Russian company she represented.
Manafort helmed Trump's campaign for about five months until August and resigned from the campaign immediately after the AP reported on his firm's covert Washington lobbying operation on behalf of Ukraine's ruling political party.
Schiff characterized the Trump campaign's dealings with Russians as a portrait of "consistent "dissembling and deceit". He added he will work with investigators as well. "But we of course support the President". Most recently, he has been working with Veselnitskaya against the Magnitsky Act. My guess is that it's a bit more valuable than a lousy drawing.
"Basic rules in Washington: It's not the crime; it's the coverup", Durbin told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Friday. But in their enthusiasm to decry Trump Jr. and the campaign, congressional Democrats are jumping to some shaky conclusions. His disclosure marks another shift in the account of the meeting. "That's important, and I believe that this is a positive moment", he said. Polls show that Trump's approval rating among Republicans continues to hover around 85-90%, while some of the President's erstwhile conservative critics have warmed up to him. He responded in one email, "If it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer". He had not been previously identified as a participant in the meeting at Trump Tower in New York, which was billed as part of a Russian government effort to help the Republican's White House campaign.
The meeting was aired by the Russia 24 TV channel.
- Manchester United reportedly hijack Chelsea's Tiemoue Bakayoko transfer
- Alfred Angelo Bridal Chains Closing All Stores
- Emmys 2017 Nomination Snubs - Who Was Left Off List
- Sir Carter and Rumi pictured for first time — Beyonce
- Roger Federer primed to re-write history books with Wimbledon 2017 victory
- Biglia si avvicina al Milan, si allunga la lista dei sostituti — Lazio
- Lewis Hamilton prefers Greek holiday to event at home
- Russian Federation urges to make step backwards from 'red line' on Korean Peninsula
- You're in such good shape, Trump tells first lady of France
- A British court is considering 'new evidence' in the Baby Charlie case