Over two months later, Lonzo Ball has been drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers, and during game action Ball has taken the court in each of the three major shoe brands he and his father were unable to strike a deal with.
"I was planning on playing for the Raptors until just a few days before Summer League and then I felt the Lakers were just a better opportunity for me and that's why I'm here playing for them right now".
Ball's big game silenced critics who questioned his ability after a lackluster performance in his Summer League debut against the L.A. Clippers on July 7. Both have been cast as the future faces of their respective franchises, and both have made strong first impressions in summer league play.
"You know, Mamba mentality". It is not that he does not have a good stroke. he already showed us he can shoot.
After scoring a summer-high 36 points in Wednesday's win over the Philadelphia 76ers, Ball again struggled with his shot Thursday. He had a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds to go with three blocks.
Ball will receive treatment on his calf on Sunday evening and Monday morning before the Lakers make a determination on his status against the Blazers, who beat the Grizzlies 87-82 in their semifinal game on Sunday.
A lot of Ball's assists came in transition. And just like "Zo, D'Angelo was also drafted at the number 2 spot to be groomed into the Lakers" next franchise point guard.
Another three from Thomas would follow a short time later to keep the two teams separated by double digits. Second, the Lakers lost games. The deficit reached 26 later in the quarter. They led by 26 and cruised into halftime with a 62-40 advantage.
Smith Jr. scored 21 points to lead the Mavericks. Some rookies would fold under that kind of pressure, knowing arguably the best player in the National Basketball Association is there to watch you play. "They started out very comfortable in their shots". I guess we'll have to wait and see. And when you're comfortable shooting, the basket gets bigger and bigger.
- SD senator careful to commit early support to GOP health care overhaul
- Dollar dips after weak consumer prices data
- Wimbledon Day 12 | Muguruza claims the ladies' title
- Federer into 11th Wimbledon final; faces Cilic for 8th title
- Chelsea to announce third summer signing, five-year contract offered — Done Deal
- Roger Federer remporte son huitième Wimbledon — Tennis
- Muguruza overpowers Williams to win first Wimbledon title
- White House's ill-timed knock on Russian Federation sanctions
- Serena Williams: 'I feel like I'm there' with Venus at Wimbledon
- Harrington shares lead in Scotland, McIlroy misses cut