"The "#fake news" media is "distorting democracy", President Donald Trump wrote in his latest Sunday morning tweetstorm, adding a defense of his son Donald Trump Jr. amid another tumultuous week of "slanted" and "fraudulent reporting".
Told by the host "I didn't ask you about James Comey" and pressed on the Trump Jr. meeting again, Sekulow responded: "That's the basis upon which all that started". The president and a number of congressional Republicans have dismissed the concerns that he Don Jr. shouldn't have taken the meeting.
"Thus we would not have screened anyone he was meeting with at that time". Geraldo was saying, "even the Trump campaign had colluded with the Russians", and it was no big deal and certainly not a crime.
Caputo resigned from the campaign on June 20, 2016 after celebrating the dismissal of then-campaign manager Corey Lewandowski with a tweet that said, "Ding Dong the witch is dead".
The number of people known to be at the meeting also changed over time.
But for months the White House insisted no such meeting had happened.
Trump told Reuters on Wednesday that he did not know about his son's meeting until recently.
The low key setting was in stark contrast to the evolving controversy over Donald Trump Jr.'s 2016 meeting with a Russian lawyer who promised dirt on Hillary Clinton. "Why would the Secret Service have allowed that?", he added.
A lobbyist who was once a Soviet counter-intelligence officer participated last year in a meeting with senior aides to US President Donald Trump, including his son, and a Russian lawyer, adding to allegations of possible connections between Moscow and the November election.
LawNewz.com has reached out for comment to Futerfas and spokespeople for Trump, Jr.
"I never worked for the Russian government".
She said that Trump Jr. said at the end of the meeting that her information was "interesting", but there was nothing they could do to help her with it. At first, the June 2016 meeting was said to be about a Russian adoption program.
Sekulow also told ABC, "if this was nefarious, why'd the Secret Service allow these people in?" Yep, the legwork needed for op-research is tough.
- Deal to Rockets still likely — Carmelo Anthony rumor
- Trump says he and Macron talked trade, military — The Latest
- New World, Release Window Announced for Kingdom Hearts III
- Amazon 'Anytime' messenger touted as an all-in-one app
- Roger Federer remporte son huitième Wimbledon — Tennis
- England suffer batting collapse as South Africa seize control of second Test
- Sebastian Vettel: Lewis Hamilton 'owned' British GP pole position
- White House names special counsel over Russian Federation probe response
- White House's ill-timed knock on Russian Federation sanctions
- Time Has Run Out On North Korea