In the contentious congressional vote of Trump's presidency, lawmakers in the House of Representatives voted 217 to 213 in May to pass the Obamacare repeal-and-replace bill, called the American Health Care Act of 2017.
McCain's office also released a statement from the Mayo Clinic, saying a blood clot was removed from above the senator's left eye Friday after it was found during a routine annual physical. McCain, who chairs the Senate Armed Services Committee, said on social network Twitter late on Saturday.
McConnell said that in McCain's absence the Senate would continue its work on other legislative matters and nominations by President Donald Trump to fill various positions throughout federal agencies. According to the statement, McCain's surgery went "very well", and the Arizona senator was in "good spirits". McConnell cannot lose any others for the legislation to survive a showdown vote.
Collins disagreed with Pence's comment to governors that the bill "strengthens and secures Medicaid for the neediest in our society".
Republicans changed the measure last week, allowing insurers to offer bare-bones policies, keeping some Obamacare taxes on the wealthy and putting $45 billion into the fight against heroin addiction.
"I think the longer the bill's out there, the more conservative Republicans are going to discover that it's not repeal". John McCain recovers from surgery for a blood clot. "It is a bad political strategy and it will not fix the problem". Once the pathology information is available, further care will be discussed between doctors and the family.
Mr McCain is a three-time survivor of melanoma.
And neurosurgeon Dr. Sanjay Gupta told CNN that McCain underwent a "significant operation", adding that general anesthesia was used and "there was obviously an abnormality that was concerning enough for him to go through this".
- Nokia 8 Rumored to Launch on July 31 Carrying a
- Presidential Election today: Numbers favour NDA candidate Ram Nath Kovind
- Aladdin's lead cast has been finalised and fans are not happy
- Christmas Special Teased in New Image — Doctor Who
- Egypt expresses concerns about closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque
- Tour de France 2017: stage 15
- Health Care Setback: Senate Vote Delayed After McCain's Surgery
- Time Has Run Out On North Korea
- Ronaldo To Manchester United Is 'Mission Impossible' Says Jose Mourinho
- Lewis Hamilton emergies as record-tying 5th British Grand Prix victor