Linkin Park have cancelled their upcoming tour in the wake of Chester Bennington's death. "Our thoughts go out to all those affected", LiveNation told E! in a statement. Initially reported as a suicide, it has now been confirmed by the L.A. County Coroner that Bennington died by hanging, according to Billboard. Many have offered their tributes and condolences on social media and others, like Disturbed's David Draiman and Otep Shamaya, have released touching statements individually.
Since Linkin Park's debut nearly 20 years ago, the band became one of the biggest rock/nu-metal bands in the world. The investigation into Bennington's death is ongoing.
Having sold 70 million albums, they were the recipient of two Grammy Awards.
Bennington was open about his troubled life, including an introduction to smoking pot after his parents divorced when he was 11, which escalated to cocaine and methamphetamine use. "Love you Chester. I'm pissed that you did this, but I know this could have been me back in the day after getting wasted one night". I'd like to think you were saying goodbye in your own way. And I wanna dedicate to him.
Linkin Park had only just filmed an episode of 'Carpool Karaoke' - days before lead singer Chester Bennington's death. Fans brought flowers and left messages for the singer.
After the news of frontman Chester's passing, Ken took to Twitter to share his sadness and offer his condolences. All these thoughts were stuck in my head. "It just would not be possible", it said. I want to be a sociopath. Bennington had six children and was married.
He added, "God is still in the healing business, and God is still in the life-changing business".
- Christopher Nolan takes audiences back to World War II in 'Dunkirk'
- Jordan Spieth is confident and polite but above all he is grounded
- Branden Grace records first 62 in major history at the British Open
- Jordan Spieth completes remarkable home run to win Open
- Spicer quits as White House spokesman
- Mourinho: We must add another player before it's too late
- Watch Stormborn for free on Amazon Channels
- Trump tries to explain why Scaramucci backed other GOP candidates first
- CBO: Repealing Obamacare would leave 27 million more people uninsured in 2020
- Starting lineup, results, updates from Brickyard 400 — NASCAR at Indianapolis