Apple's exit from the standalone music player market is therefore unremarkable: disconnected devices relying on desktop apps for music transfer have clearly had their day.
The news of the two portable players' extinction should not come as much of a surprise to consumers, given that listening to on-the-go music is often done via streaming or stored music via smartphones.
Apple Discontinues their iPod Shuffle and iPod Nano Music Players
Apple removed the products from its online store as it announced the changes in a statement, USA Today reported. The iPod Touch is more current and has the hardware that is still appreciated over its predecessors. But if you're old enough to remember the Apple Is Doomed Days of almost two decades ago, it's still sobering to see a once-significant product fading from view. It is no longer just a simple, singular, music-playing device. For now, Apple seems to be doubling down on the touch, since it's just upped its available storage capacities. Unlike older iPods which still used large and heavy hard drives, the Nano was one of the first iPods to use more modern flash memory, which allowed for the shrinkage in size. Then again, the choices have broadened with folks not necessarily inclined to stick to iOS to playback tunes either for relaxation or fitness endeavors. The iPod Touch remains in the lineup, but at a lower price and with fewer configurations to choose from. But at some point in the future, it may eventually get axed as well - together with the whole product line. That means Apple has completely phased out its iPods that are single-purpose music players. In addition to this, Apple updated the iPod Touch back in 2015, in which it updated the device's camera to 8-megapixel rear facing iSight camera and also incorporated the Apple A8 chip.
- Charging zones for dirtiest vehicles may be introduced to help tackle pollution
- Trump talks pardons amid probes of Russian Federation role in United States election
- Showers and storms return to the forecast
- Muslims to return to Jerusalem shrine after Israel removes security measures
- Cavs downplay tension between James, Irving
- Watch Sarah Huckabee Sanders shut down the transgender-obsessed media
- Jordan's King: Netanyahu Exploited Israeli Embassy Shooting for Political Gain
- Foxconn to build $10B plant in Wisconsin
- Barcelona assertive of signing Coutinho from Liverpool
- Chief minister of eastern Indian state of Bihar returns to power