It was a first vote of at least two necessary on that plan.
Nine Republican defectors voted against the amendment: Sen.
Passage of a partial repeal, called the "skinny" option, would set up negotiations between members of the Senate and the House of Representatives to hammer out a final bill.
"The worst possible outcome is to pass something that most of us believe is a placeholder and it becomes the final product", Graham said. "If we've got to do something less than obviously I'd want to keep the process going, we'll do it", he said.
Can that get the 50 votes needed to pass?
Overall, 61 percent of Americans hold an unfavorable view of the Senate plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, according to the latest Kaiser Family Foundation tracking poll.
In total, more than 630,000 Nevadans are on Medicaid. Susan Collins of Maine; Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia; John McCain of Arizona; Rob Portman of Ohio; Lamar Alexander of Tennessee; Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Dean Heller of Nevada voted in opposition.
"Come on Republican Senators, you can do it on Healthcare", the president tweeted on Thursday morning.
The bill is modeled on 2015 legislation that was passed by both chambers before being vetoed by then-President Obama.
Republican leadership is expected to move through various versions of repeal, including limited repeal options that would scrap only portions of the Affordable Care Act, such as the individual and employer mandates.
House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy's (R-Calif.) office has warned House lawmakers that they should not immediately depart Washington on Friday in case the Senate does approve an ObamaCare repeal bill.
"I would much prefer that we return to committee and go through the normal order".
"The majority leader cannot promise what the House can do", said Wisconsin Sen.
What was the vote that took place Tuesday night?
Senator Sasse says he is for repeal and is for replace.
12 p.m. - Senator Bernie Sanders calls Daines amendment an "old political trick"..
- Charging zones for dirtiest vehicles may be introduced to help tackle pollution
- Trump talks pardons amid probes of Russian Federation role in United States election
- Jordan's King: Netanyahu Exploited Israeli Embassy Shooting for Political Gain
- AG Sessions: Trump Criticisms 'Kind of Hurtful'
- Chief minister of eastern Indian state of Bihar returns to power
- Republicans who voted against ObamaCare 'straight repeal'
- Watch Sarah Huckabee Sanders shut down the transgender-obsessed media
- Volkswagen shrugs off cartel allegations
- Muslims to return to Jerusalem shrine after Israel removes security measures
- Thousands Evacuated As Wildfires Continue