The Brazil forward, heavily linked with a move to Paris St Germain, made a brief visit to Barca's training ground on Wednesday to inform them of his wish to leave the club, departing before their training session began.
And Ribeiro, a representative of the Brazil global, has now confirmed that the Paris club will pay the clause and that he will be presented as a PSG player this week. "The coach has given permission for Neymar not to train, and to resolve his future".
Barca's five-time World Player of the Year Lionel Messi has apparently given up hope of holding onto his friend Neymar.
Barcelona have confirmed that Paris Saint-Germain target Neymar intends to leave the club but insisted that his €222 million buyout clause be paid in full.
Neymar recently arrived back in Spain from China, where he attended a fashion event. If the deal is struck between the two clubs, Neymar will become the world's most expensive player taking over Paul Pogba who was bought by Manchester United for €105m from Juventus past year.
And now Messi has become the first to break his silence on the move, posting a series of pictures of the pair to his Instagram account and wishing Neymar good luck for the "new stage" of his life. If Neymar had left before that, Barcelona would have been under no obligation to pay his father the commission. At the very end of his message, the Argentine writes "TKM", short for "te quiero mucho" or "love you a lot".
La Liga has indicated it would be reluctant to sign off a move for Neymar to PSG.
"We will not accept this money from a club like PSG", Tebas told Madrid daily newspaper AS. "They must demonstrate that they do not have losses of more than €30m over three years".
The €222m (£197) release clause that PSG chose to activate makes Paul Pogba's record-breaking transfer look like pocket change.
- Auto sales sputtering for 7th straight month
- Ça y est ! Neymar arrive — PSG
- Nitish Kumar is 'Paltu Ram,' says Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Olenna Tyrell is the true queen of Game Of Thrones
- Game Of Thrones Is Letting Cersei Cook
- What bitcoin's split could mean for cryptocurrency's future
- Austin Jackson makes 'the catch of the year'
- Donald Trump personally dictated the misleading statement about Trump Jr's Russian meeting
- Uni survey shocks: La Trobe concerned about sex assault and harassment report
- Apple Tops Wall Street Earnings Expectations for June Quarter