However, not all of Bitcoin's players are happy with the proposed software upgrade.
They named their initiative step as the "fork". They divided it into the potential paths.
"There are people with billions of dollars of skin in the game and they will ultimately go with the superior bitcoin network, and then the market will follow", Hayes concluded. "But as Bloomberg's Matt Levine pointed out: ".honestly who knows; you should not expect bitcoin markets to operate sensibly".
According to Bitcoincash.org, Bitcoin Cash is the continuation of the Bitcoin project as a peer-to-peer digital cash.
An ideological rift in the bitcoin community has culminated in the launch of an alternative version of the cryptocurrency, which is being led by a splinter group of bitcoin users, developers and miners. The original Bitcoin will remain safer, but still not as fast. Now it has greater speed regarding the payments which use the virtual currency. Bitcoin forked into two separate currencies, and that means big changes are on the way. It tells us mainly about the network of computer operations which validates the information present on the blockchain. In addition, the fees are high making it expensive to use.
The survival of the new Bitcoin Cash will be determined by the demand for it, the ability to use it and the willingness of the miners to mine it.
Once word was out that the fork had taken place, Bitcoin started trading down nearly 6 percent at $2,715. "If you want access to Bitcoin Cash, please remove your bitcoins from your Zebpay wallet to a wallet in which you control the private keys on or before 31st July", the post read. If it comes into the existence, people can receive and sell the new token based on the digital currency exchanges.
Joining exchanges are a number of third-party wallet providers as well. Some bitcoin exchanges, where users make transactions and store their coins, will recognize Bitcoin Cash, including Kraken and ViaBTC - but others like Coinbase and Poloniex said they wouldn't as they're uncertain it'll stick around.
Because Bitcoin Cash is supported by a minority of developers and industry specialists, its future is uncertain and it will likely be prone to volatility.
- Apple Shares Surge to All-Time High After Dominant Q3 Report
- Uni survey shocks: La Trobe concerned about sex assault and harassment report
- PSG plan grand presentation on streets of Paris — Neymar
- Ça y est ! Neymar arrive — PSG
- USA nuclear revival rests with Southern after SCANA scraps project
- Investigator Alleges White House Was Behind Fake Story About Seth Rich Murder
- Workplaces in India lack required breastfeeding facilities
- Apple Tops Wall Street Earnings Expectations for June Quarter
- Austin Jackson makes 'the catch of the year'
- Auto sales sputtering for 7th straight month