The Gunners kick-off their EPL campaign on Friday night, when they face, Leicester City on Friday night.
"We had the intensity in the games in our preparation that is needed to be ready", said Wenger.
"The number (of players) is too high and we'll let some players go".
Because the Dream Team game - the UK's biggest fantasy football game - is back and better than ever this season. "For the 273rd time, yes [he will stay after 31 August]", Wenger said.
"He looks to me like he has the talent but also has a very strong attitude". "The trend has always to come from the team".
"We played together and we made a lot of challenges during the training session in the penalty shootout", he said post-game.
Cahill, now club captain following the departure of John Terry at the end of last season, is disappointed to have started in such a manner but says his side have what it takes to put it behind them. "That makes it very interesting".
Arsenal continue to be linked with a number of players, with Monaco midfielder Thomas Lemar regularly touted as a possible target for the north London side.
Rather than extra time, the match would go straight to penalties, and it was Olivier Giroud who scored the winning penalty, after Thibaut Courtois and Alvaro Morata had missed for Chelsea.
When Sead Kolasinac's late equalizer on Sunday meant the Community Shield would be decided by penalties, Arsenal and Chelsea were the guinea pigs of the new ABBA system.
"The referee tried to explain about his decisions but there wasn't time because I wanted to ask him about the penalty but then we'd be here until nine o'clock!"
- Kenya election updates: How Uhuru Kenyatta and Raila Odinga fight is going
- Rihanna Is Boobylicious, Bedazzled, & Blue-Haired In Barbados!
- President Trump lashes out at senator from CT
- Chris Pratt & Anna Faris are "legally separating"
- Kipyegon wins frenetic 1500m race, Semenya sprints to bronze
- Microsoft is changing the look of Xbox One again
- Gujarat Rajya Sabha polls: BJP eyes three seats
- Meeting with Tillerson leaves Lavrov feeling USA willing to continue dialogue
- Dodgers Vs. Mets Live Stream
- PSG president Al-Khelaifi: Is there a Neymar buyout clause...?