The Galaxy S8 Active will be initially exclusive to United States carrier AT&T. It is also expected to sport a 5.8-inch OLED (organic light-emitting diode) screen, powered by an A11 chipset, and runs iOS 11 operating system. There is no indication of how long that exclusive period lasts. You can drop, and you can dunk it. Samsung says the Galaxy S8 Active is built to withstand "almost anything" due to military-grade design. The Galaxy S8 Active shares some of its innards with the regular Galaxy S8, including similar cameras on the back and front, fingerprint scanner, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 64 GB of expandable storage space. AT&T is offering a Buy One, Get One Free S8 deal if you are adding a new line and DirecTV, for example.
However, the S8 Active as of now is a premium when compared with the Samsung's best phone. The battery inside the handset is a 4000mAh unit, bigger than both its siblings.
Samsung has included a 4,000mAh battery in the Galaxy S8 Active, the company confirmed in a statement August 7.
Smasung Galaxy S8 Active is now available for pre-orders at AT&T.
Now exclusive to the USA market, the phone goes up for pre-order starting today while the sale will begin from August 11. That said, the bezels still appear to be thin and the aspect ratio is the same 18:5:9 with the 5.8-inch 1440p Super AMOLED screen. The screen is shatterproof up to 5 feet, and it's water-resistant up to 5ft for over 30 minutes.
The Galaxy S8 Active is available in Meteor Gray or Titanium Gold color options. The military-grade exterior is shock, shatter, water, and dust resistant and can withstand nearly any kind of challenge. Lastly, the purchase can get you up to $200 (roughly Rs 12,700) in credits if you trade in an eligible smartphone in exchange.
Yes, it also comes loaded with Bixby, Samsung's own digital assistant. Past AT&T "Active" phones had an Activity Zone button that was customizable to perform certain tasks.
- Dodgers Vs. Mets Live Stream
- Rihanna Is Boobylicious, Bedazzled, & Blue-Haired In Barbados!
- 'Bachelorette' finale: Rachel Lindsay picked…
- Chris Pratt & Anna Faris are "legally separating"
- First Look at Josh Brolin as Cable in DEADPOOL 2
- Partial Lunar Eclipse to be Visible from All Places of India
- Pence slams claim that he's planning 2020 presidential run
- Kenya election updates: How Uhuru Kenyatta and Raila Odinga fight is going
- Pixels and Nexuses now receiving August security patch from Google
- Gay marriage vote set to go postal