The heart-pounding battle scene was brilliant - with Dany swooping over the Lannister army, raining down fire - but it also made us realise how divided our loyalties are. But when one of his men arrives in Winterfell to kill Bran while he's in a coma, Catelyn intercepts him, and the assassin is later taken out by Bran's direwolf, Summer. The show captured both the wide scope of a clash between two armies and the individual pain, confusion, and fear of the combatants. Then again, he could just be giving up because he turned a major victory into an epic loss, and death would be better than facing his despotic sister/lover. However, Jamie, Bronn and the Tarlys were ambushed by the Dothraki, as well as Daenerys herself riding Drogon. When meeting his sister Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) once more, he didn't tell her any of the important information he had discovered, instead opting to let her know how lovely she looked on the night she was raped. "Instead, the photos focus on characters" melancholy reactions to the aftermath of a bloody battle, along with one shot of Samwell and Gilly for good measure. He will ask his brother to talk to Cersei to surrender to Daenerys Targaryen, but Jaime will not agree. And she's only going to get more extreme. Is that because we want Jaime to survive? It's because he was throwing his own words back at him, which he had spoken during a potentially treasonous conversation he had with Varys in King's Landing. Is it possible he could join up with the Brotherhood without Banners or some other group of randoms?
So there you have it - he's probably still in the forest singing Hands of Gold.
In the books, Littlefinger tells Catelyn that he wagered with Tyrion against Jaime in a joust, and lost the dagger as a result.
This would also put Cersei at a crossroads. After all, a Lannister always... well, you know. So what would that mean for Jaime? So clearly, she's due a betrayal for love.
Before #DaenerysTargaryen even took to the skies on her flying steed, she was warned that "all it takes is one arrow", and the episode conveniently saw one arrow (nearly) bring down our Khaleesi.
- Panthers open preseason against Texans at Bank of America Stadium
- How major United States stock market indexes fared on Tuesday
- Facebook takes on TV and YouTube with revamped video offering
- Investors seek safe bets as Wall Street closes lower
- Aust, US urge world to pressure N Korea
- The Last Jedi' Pics Reveal New Characters!
- 'Game of Thrones' season 7 behind-the-scenes: Dany's Mad Queen side
- FBI searched Manafort home
- The title for 'Game Of Thrones' episode 5 has finally been revealed
- Markets Right Now: Stocks drift lower on Wall Street