Sanchez returned late to pre-season training with the Gunners due to his commitments at the Confederations Cup with Chile and will now have his start to the new Premier League campaign delayed.
"I see him in the gym every day and you can just tell he looks after himself well". Yes, they have signed some good players in Alvaro Morata, Antonio Rudiger and Tiemoue Bakayoko, but they started Sunday's Community Shield without any of them.
Arsene Wenger has taken the blame for Arsenal's fifth-placed finish last season, admitting that uncertainty in the dressing room contributed to the team's poor form.
He said that the loss was not the ending they were hoping for yesterday in the end but they feel fit and ready for a big season ahead.
The link drawn between Wenger regarding the possibility of a female manager in the Premier League and managers who are not "football specialists" is an interesting one, but perhaps let's not dwell on what we're sure was a perfectly innocent segue.
Lacazette hit 37 goals in 45 games last season and Wenger desperately needs the 26-year-old to emulate that form. "Aaron Ramsey has a chance of playing but I think he could be short as well with a small calf problem". We know what we need to do this season. To this point, the Gunners haven't lost any key pieces, and their most notable signing has been securing the signature of forward Alexandre Lacazette - who should give the attack an immediate boost - for a club-record $60 million. But in all honesty, if Arsenal are going to be as good as they can be, it will be because Granit Xhaka is bossing the midfield.
Why Did the Mormon Church Just Excommunicate a Top Official for the First Time in Decades?
"I can not say I am immune to criticism - everybody wants to be loved, everybody wants to be loved by the fans".
Rafael Benitez's efforts to rebuild his Newcastle squad for life back in the Premier League are being hampered by his failure to offload some of the men bought for a promotion push.
- 'Game of Thrones' season 7 behind-the-scenes: Dany's Mad Queen side
- Game Of Thrones Episode 4: The Reactions To Key Characters Meeting
- Aust, US urge world to pressure N Korea
- Scaramucci says he will pay taxes on sale of SkyBridge investment company
- The title for 'Game Of Thrones' episode 5 has finally been revealed
- 9 killed, hundreds hurt as 7.0-quake jolts China's Sichuan
- Mayweather says McGregor has edge on paper
- Barca chief Bartomeu criticises disloyal Neymar
- Fear of North Korea attack sends Wall Street spiraling
- The Last Jedi' Pics Reveal New Characters!