Undermining Wenger's quest for harmony is the uncertainty surrounding several first-team players. Ivan Gazidis uttered the words for a "catalyst for change" but as the summer has passed by, change has been far and few between.
As you might have heard, maybe once or twice, Alexis Sanchez has less than a year left on his current contract, so of course the topic came up once again.
Arsene Wenger faces some hard decisions ahead of Arsenal's opening encounter, particularly in defence given he is without the suspended Laurent Koscielny, while Per Mertesacker remains a doubt after he sustained a facial injury in a collision with Gary Cahill last weekend. He is free to begin negotiating with foreign clubs as of January 1.
As well as the silverware, Arsenal's supporters have also had a major signing to celebrate after Wenger broke the club's transfer record to sign prolific French striker Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon. He fits perfectly for the Premier League. They have got the money to spend. Santi Cazorla's injury is a concerning one, whilst the fitness of many of Arsenal's midfielders is never certain.
"No", he replied when asked whether any players are closer to departing the club.
Arsenal, without Sanchez, will host Leicester City at the Emirates Stadium on Friday night, to kick off the new season. Being given enough game time during this campaign may be enough to convince the England worldwide to stay at the Emirates long term and with his newly discovered role at wingback at the end of last season he could feature heavily.
"It's exciting. The Premier League is back".
Scudamore believes an increasing number of clubs in the top flight have the ability to be crowned champions with Leicester's remarkable title-winning season of 2015-16 acting as an inspiration. But the uptick in the atmosphere has been forced because of Wenger's initial mistake.
Alex Iwobi. He'd been floating around the fringes of the first team for a while, and after 26 appearances last year, in which he scored four goals, the 21-year-old is definitely ready to make a breakthrough this season.
- Arsenal vs Leicester: 25/1 Betting Odds on Gunners
- Scaramucci says he will pay taxes on sale of SkyBridge investment company
- Fantasy Premier League Tips: 5 forwards you should pick this year
- 9 killed, hundreds hurt as 7.0-quake jolts China's Sichuan
- Barca chief Bartomeu criticises disloyal Neymar
- Australia debates same-sex marriage postal vote
- 'Game of Thrones' season 7 behind-the-scenes: Dany's Mad Queen side
- Aust, US urge world to pressure N Korea
- Fear of North Korea attack sends Wall Street spiraling
- The Internet Reacts To Valve's New Game Announcement