Chelsea was beaten to the signature of striker Romelu Lukaku by United, while Conte has also acknowledged that he tried to sign right back Kyle Walker, who ended up leaving Tottenham to join Manchester City.
So who is the BetVictor Brand Ambassador backing?
Arsenal will be feeling confident ahead of this one as they came from behind to win the Community Shield last weekend against Chelsea on penalties. "I think he will not play at Stoke, yes", Wenger said. He was busy completing the transfer of Neymar. Lacazette scored 28 goals in 30 matches a season ago, he will only make Arsenal more unsafe in front of goal. "I don't know. But a full Wembley stadium is fantastic".
He has struggled for regular game time throughout his time in England, with just 26 appearances made last season - including only eight Premier League starts. Unlucky with injuries, Lacazette did impress in bits but the club would be hoping for more from him in the upcoming season.
Arsenal begin their season in unusual fashion, kicking off a new campaign on a Friday night for the first time ever. Arsenal did well when Mertesacker was forced off, with Monreal dropping to the centre and Sead Kolasinac taking up the left centre-back role, but the German's calming influence could be vital in the opening match of the English Premier League season. "Sometimes you must accept this insane transfer market", said Conte. It would be no surprise to see the Cherries get a point, but if there is to be a victor, perhaps the Baggies will pinch it.
"We are not open to any offers anyway".
But the summer has been a good one so far for Arsenal as they have managed to keep some of their key players like Alexis Sanchez, Hector Bellerin and Mesut Ozil, even though the Chilean is still heavily linked with a move away.
No wonder the Italian coach cuts a frustrated figure heading into the start of Chelsea's Premier League title defense.
"I'm personally convinced that [a female manager in the Premier League] will happen soon", he said.
The bad news for the Hammers is that Romelu Lukaku scored against the European Champions in midweek. Sanchez tallied 24 goals and 11 assists in 38 games last season.
In an off-season that has seen more than £1 billion (S$1.77 billion) invested in players, Mancunian rivals City and United have accounted for more than a third of that spending. For more tips from Michael read his column here.
Michael Owen is a brand ambassador for BetVictor.
- Rising Tensions with North Korea and Gold
- Trump Says He's 'Thankful' To Putin For Expelling American Diplomats
- Marvel et Star Wars pourraient avoir leur propre plateforme de streaming Disney
- Snap Inc Stock Tanks After 2Q 2017 Earnings Release
- Donald Trump Puts More Pressure on Mitch McConnell to Pass Agenda
- Strong Investor Interest Reported in Tesla's $1.5 Billion Bond Issue
- USA report confirms 2016 as warmest year on record
- Chelsea Must Do This To Hope To Defend Title - Alan Shearer
- Kite Realty Group Trust (KRG) Stock Rating Upgraded by Zacks Investment Research
- Politics Professor: GOP Not Doing Great When It Comes To Legislation