The Brazilian midfielder was a target for Spanish giant Barcelona, supposed to be a successor to Neymar, sold to Paris Saint-Germain for a record £198 million earlier this month.
The post Coutinho Hands In Transfer Request At Liverpool appeared first on 360Nobs.com. The club did bring AS Roma winger Mohamed Salah, Chelsea forward Dominic Solanke and Hull City left-back Andrew Robertson not all of them are exactly the high-profile players Liverpool fans were hoping to see arrive.
Coutinho will be out of action this weekend when Liverpool begin their Premier League campaign against Watford due to a back injury.
Klopp, however, has insisted Liverpool are not a "selling club".
But Coutinho's announcement changes the picture dramatically.
Coutinho stated his desire to leave via email.
In a preview piece for the Mirror, Maddock argues Liverpool can weather the storm.
Barcelona has made two offers for Coutinho, the latest reportedly being 100 million euros.
On that occasion, owner John W Henry also played hardball, effectively forcing Suarez to stay for another year, until Barcelona came calling with a better offer. Liverpool is not a club that needs to sell.
Barca are keen to replace Neymar who has joined PSG for €222m.
"When we finished last season in fourth position everyone was really happy about it", he said.
In a statement on Friday, the club's owners said its "definitive stance" was that "no offers will be considered".
Sky Sports claim Coutinho has responded to FSG's statement by telling Liverpool that he wants to leave.
The Reds today reiterated the Brazilian is NOT for sale as Barcelona eye a summer move. "That is our plan", Klopp told Sky Germany.
The statement said: 'Philippe has tried very hard to find an amicable solution to this situation but to no avail.
- Rogers Cup: Rafael Nadal Beaten, Roger Federer Through
- Arsene Wenger Expects Female Manager In Premier League Soon
- Philippe Coutinho: Liverpool midfielder submits transfer request
- Paul Scholes questions Chelsea's sale of Nemanja Matic to Manchester Utd
- Perseid meteor shower to light up W. MI sky this weekend
- North Korea nerves rattle stocks, lift gold, yen (KSS, M)
- Ranking the top five Premier League attacks: Which club is king?
- Un offre de 100 millions pour Coutinho, refusée par Liverpool — FC Barcelone
- Inflatable chicken - with Trump-like 'feathers' - spotted outside the White House
- Packers' Trevor Davis returns punt 68 yards for TD vs. Eagles