In the midst of one of the longest transfer sagas of this summer, erstwhile Reds manager Brendan Rodgers believes not even the player holds the key to his exit.
However, by lunch time on the eve of the club's season opener at Watford, they were anticipating his request with some media outlets reporting he had already sent it through.
Klopp expressed his sentiments to United Kingdom outlets that Coutinho will stay at Anfield because he is part of his plan this season with the club keen to navigate a tricky Champions League playoff round tie with German club Hoffenheim.
But since then, Liverpool have not strengthened their squad ahead of a Champions League qualifying challenge against Hoffenheim and a league kick-off on Saturday morning against Watford.
Reading too much into pre-season form is a futile exercise, but Salah's start to life at Liverpool has at least been encouraging, scoring for fun all around the world.
Regardless of who is in the Watford side or who Klopp selects in his team, Liverpool will go into the game with confidence and looking to get off to the kind of start they did last season.
That was followed by a strong statement from the club, and owners Fenway Sports Group, insisting that he will still be a Liverpool player come September.
With that in mind, Jurgen Klopp's team selection on Saturday might be impacted by Tuesday's qualifier and if it is there should be no criticism of the German.
The Brazil playmaker has been targeted by Barcelona, whose bid of about PS90 million ($148m) was rebuffed by Liverpool on Wednesday.
PHILIPPE COUTINHO has rocked Liverpool by handing in a transfer request. "Ever since I was 16 I've been touted for big clubs".
Barcelona have seen two bids if £72m and £90m rejected by the Premier League club, who are insistent that that their star player will not be leaving.
Liverpool have however quickly moved to deny those rumors.
I have bosses, FSG, and have no problem with this sutatuon.
Although it is very hard for any player to turn down the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid, Nicol has demanded that his former club to stand firm and not sell their prized asset.
This partnership with the game is why the likes of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar Jr have appeared so prominently in PES trailers, images and much more these last few years.
- Packers' Trevor Davis returns punt 68 yards for TD vs. Eagles
- US stocks retreat on escalating North Korean tensions
- Paul Scholes questions Chelsea's sale of Nemanja Matic to Manchester Utd
- Ranking the top five Premier League attacks: Which club is king?
- Perseid meteor shower to light up W. MI sky this weekend
- One of Uber's Biggest Investors Just Sued Travis Kalanick for Fraud
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger takes serious jab at Chelsea's Antonio Conte
- Chester supports postal plebiscite
- Arsene Wenger Expects Female Manager In Premier League Soon
- Un offre de 100 millions pour Coutinho, refusée par Liverpool — FC Barcelone