With no European football this year, Leicester can focus on the Premier League, but they've got a tough task in front of them to start the year at Arsenal. Those pointless preseason friendlies and the miserable Gold Cup are a thing of the past. They put a great ball in and Jamie Vardy does what he does best.
Arsenal have signed two players so far this summer after having tied up deals for both Alexandre Lacazette and Sead Kolasinac.
Giroud has often been a figure of ridicule and has copped plenty of criticism during his tenure in England but his record is one of a dedicated servant to Arsenal. The Foxes, however, will be pleased to have come out of preseason without too many players getting hurt.
Less than three minutes later, Olivier Giroud scored the victor for Arsenal, sparking celebrations at the Emirates Stadium.
The Frenchman admitted he was relieved Arsenal managed to avoid an embarrassing opening day defeat.
While Leicester brought on Amartey for Okazaki, looking to hold out defensively, Arsenal pushed on with the introduction of Aaron Ramsey and Olivier Giroud.
Leicester have also struggled overall against Arsenal.
Wenger doubled down and went with none.
When asked if he expected Mahrez to stay, he said: "Who knows?"
After the victory, the Arsenal boss was quick to praise his team and the impact Lacazette made on his Premier League debut.
What a time to be alive, as the Premier league kicked off to some nice entertainment on a Friday evening at the Emirates Stadium.
'If he went to City there would be uproar from the Arsenal fans. Three minutes later, Leicester City equalized. Even after Danny Welbeck levelled on the stroke of half-time, Vardy restored Leicester's lead after the break.
Instead Leicester remained winless against Arsenal in 22 matches. If so you would have been disappointed but for anyone else it was an absolue thriller and in the end it was a happy night because the Arsenal managed to win.
- Stocks in Europe and Asia Slip as North Korea Tensions Rise
- Dollar and South Korean Won Slip Amid North Korea Tensions
- Kohli wins toss, elects to bat against Sri Lanka in 3rd Test
- Trump speaks with Guam's governor in extremely candid phone call
- Alexandre Lacazette starts for Arsenal in season curtain-raiser against Leicester
- Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams, add Jordan Matthews from Eagles
- Shares, US stock futures, US dollar slip on rising Korean tensions
- Lack of oxygen kills 30 children in Uttar Pradesh
- No need to panic, Guam governor says after North Korea threat
- "Des choses qu'ils n'avaient jamais cru possibles leur arriveront" — Trump sur Pyongyang