"It has been a summer of familiar, relentless headlines: of Conte's discontent, frustration and barely concealed anger over the club's transfer dealings; of missed targets; lack of spending; lack of numbers", says Jason Burt of the Daily Telegraph.
"If you have to give an evaluation only on paper". Last season the Blues had around 38 players out on loan.
There are actually few significant questions, but they're all interconnected to the biggest of all: can Chelsea possibly be as good as last season?
The former Juventus and Italy boss declined to answer when asked if his squad was ready to challenge in all four competitions this season. He is still on the look-out for one more attacking player, although any hopes of recruiting either Gareth Bale or Ivan Perisic are fading. We are getting a good price on the goals being scored and I think that is the way to go.
"When you speak about pressure with me". And it's something that motivates me and makes me work harder every day, to spend an hour every day in training. Both teams will be excited to get the season started and it will be interesting to see how the respective sides line up.
What's the best that could happen?
'That's vitally important for us and we will have to see how that plays out'.
"I think you saw that previous year", he said. They were the best team by far last season and I still think a lot of that quality is there, ' said the 39-year-old former England worldwide, who is now a BT Sport pundit.
Chelsea have so far signed three players and acquired Willy Caballero on a free transfer from Manchester City and are in the market for Southampton centre-back Virgil van Dijk, Valencia right-back Joao Cancelo among a host of players linked with the club.
"For sure, it is very important to have quality players".
"We are working very well and I must be pleased for the commitment of my players".
"We are trying to improve".
"And sometimes you must accept different decisions". You can't spend that much money and not expect to win the league.
- Uhura Kenyatta declared victor of Kenya election
- North Korea nerves rattle stocks, lift gold, yen (KSS, M)
- Conte snubs Costa for Chelsea's Premier League opener
- Hamid Ansari To Rajya Sabha: 'Muslims Insecure'
- Mourinho predicts seven-way fight for Premier League title
- Rafael Nadal upset by Denis Shapovalov at Montreal Masters
- Chelsea's Antonio Conte dismisses 'sympathy' ahead of title defence
- 700000 contaminated eggs distributed to United Kingdom , food agency says
- The Great American Eclipse on August 21, 2017
- Diamondbacks unable to rally, fall 3-2