Once the kitten was safely removed, Molina hit a grand slam that put the trailing Cardinals in the lead for the remainder of the game. The St. Louis team would go on to win that game 11-0.
Kansas City has lost four in a row and six of seven.
DODGERS 3, DIAMONDBACKS 2 Yasiel Puig's two-out single drove in the go-ahead run in the seventh inning and visiting Los Angeles held on for a victory over Arizona.
Trevor Rosenthal has his swagger back, regaining his old job as closer. Mike Minor came in and promptly ceded Kolten Wong's sacrifice fly to tie the game. Brandon Maurer (0-1) gave up a single to pinch-hitter Greg Garcia and walked Carpenter to start the sixth. Ambushing a 94 miles per hour four-seam fastball, Fowler lofted it 404 feet into the bleachers behind St. Louis' bullpen in right-center for a 7-3 lead.
Kansas City Royals centre fielder Lorenzo Cain was filmed looking lovingly down at the animal as it ran past. Fowler, whose own grand slam was the big blow in Thursday's win over Kansas City, is 6-for-13 since returning on August 7 from a DL stint for a forearm strain.
Jake Westbrook and Albert Pujols did the trick in 2011. In 2017 we have the "Rally Cat".
Volunteers with St. Louis Feral Cat Outreach staked out at Citygarden on Market Street nearly all night-right where a fan who scooped up Rally Cat and took the animal from Busch Stadium Wednesday said it jumped out of her arms and disappeared.
Molina wasn't phased by the incident, and ended up hitting a grand slam home run.
The cat, which headed for the centerfield wall, was retrieved by a member of the Busch Stadium grounds, identified by KMOX as Lucas Hackman.
Second, how did that one fan manage to just take the cat and leave? "He then let the cat down outside of Gate 3 near the Stan Musial statue and went immediately to first aid to attend to his scratch and bite injuries".
- US stocks slip amid heightened US-North Korea tensions
- 'Toilet: Ek Prem Katha' Movie Review: Socially Relevant Entertainer
- Top pick Garrett struts his stuff as Browns win
- Trump says 'fire and fury' remark not tough enough
- Kenyan President takes strong lead as vote counting underway
- Chelsea's Antonio Conte dismisses 'sympathy' ahead of title defence
- 700000 contaminated eggs distributed to United Kingdom , food agency says
- Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games
- Rafael Nadal upset by Denis Shapovalov at Montreal Masters
- Venezuela sacks fifth opposition mayor in two weeks