After a remarkable second-place finish a year ago, can Spurs push on?
With Tottehnam's first 11 being so strong, it is doubtful that Spurs' first team would be affected if either played signed.
That terrible run has many fans shuddering with fear ahead of the new campaign, and manager Pochettino has conceded the move could present the team with their biggest test this term. And what he has done, which I think is right, is say that all the players at Spurs are being underpaid - which they are.
Their array of signings and new manager will make Watford an altogether different proposition and it's hard to see them not climbing this season.
"Arsene Wenger really went through a stage, even when he was getting rid of people like [Patrick] Vieira, who was one of those big, big ones, and the rest kind of followed - [Cesc] Fabregas, [Robin] van Persie - world stars we're talking about and he still managed to compete and maintain that level".
"Chairman Daniel Levy is working hard with the chief scout [Steve Hitchen], we are working hard to deliver and try to add the strength we need to fight in four competitions next season".
"Sometimes we will do it and sometimes, we will not do it, but we have to be sure that every single game, the players give everything and myself and my staff will do the same".
However, Chelsea have a lifeline in that Mario's valuation of £45 million is far higher than right-back Aurier's £18 million tag, meaning the French club may yet opt against the swap deal in order to save funds.
The worst situation now would be for Spurs to return to a side that helps to produce great players, but then can not keep hold of them and can not build on their squad. Following frustrating summers of transfer business for both clubs, Pochettino's men head into the campaign as 9/1 joint fourth favourites for the title, while Newcastle are 4/1 to face the drop.
But Spurs have a ready-made replacement waiting in the wings in last season's back-up Kieran Trippier, though his injury scare against Juventus in their final pre-season outing could spur Pochettino back into the market as he looks to strengthen his squad.
- Alexandre Lacazette Opens The Scoring Two Minutes Into His Premier League Debut
- Chinese paper says China should stay neutral if North Korea attacks first
- Trump speaks with Guam's governor in extremely candid phone call
- How to watch August solar eclipse in Arizona
- No need to panic, Guam governor says after North Korea threat
- North Korea nerves rattle stocks, lift gold, yen
- What you need to know about this month's total solar eclipse
- "Des choses qu'ils n'avaient jamais cru possibles leur arriveront" — Trump sur Pyongyang
- Shares, US stock futures, US dollar slip on rising Korean tensions
- Stocks in Europe and Asia Slip as North Korea Tensions Rise