Ederson required extensive treatment on the pitch after his sickening collision with Mane in City's 5-0 drubbing of Jurgen Klopp's side on Saturday, and had to be given oxygen as he was stretchered from the field as the first half drew to a close.
"(The foot) was not that high", he said.
Klopp, who confirmed Loris Karius will start in goal against Sevilla when Liverpool return to the Champions League group stages tomorrow night, was ambivalent about the outcome and said the appeal amounted to a waste of time. Zero goals. Crystal Palace have made the worst four-match start of any team in nearly a century, but sacking a manager this early into a campaign, regardless of the merits of hiring him in the first place, seem like the actions of an aimless club. The first goal embodied all the characteristics of a backline that will compromise any hopes of a title challenge.
Former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers once claimed that it's "not hard to play defensive", and he has a point.
There were a lot of goals and talking points in this weekend's Premier League, but what did we learn from all the action?
"The only thing we didn't do past year was win the big games", De Bruyne.
Liverpool to appeal Mane's Red card
However, the extent of the defeat should be put into the context that they had matched City and were trailing 1-0 when Mane was sent off.
Goalkeeper Brad Jones will be remembered in England for spells with Middlesbrough and Liverpool while midfielder Karim El Ahmadi was at Aston Villa from 2012-14 and scored one of his three Premier League goals against City.
They are thrilling going forward, an accident waiting to happen defensively.
The Champiooooooooooons. Welcome back, Champions League! The question is whether Sevilla are ready to punish them.
City have spent more than £200 million ($264 million, 219 million euros) since the end of last season strengthening their squad for a renewed challenge. But the £30 million centre-back hasn't featured for Mourinho's team yet.
Aside from several runs down the right flank from Mohamed Salah, City were hardly troubled by the visitors, with Ederson making a couple of comfortable catches and one good block. "Moreover, they'll be like a wounded animal".
- United States begging for war, not North Korea
- On Rohingya Muslims, UN can't force India not to deport them
- United Nations imposes tough sanctions on North Korea
- New Video Shows Downtown Miami Underwater After Hurricane Irma
- Muted backlash to Trump's bipartisanship signals warning for GOP
- US calls for Monday vote on new North Korea sanctions
- Kim Jong-un celebrates success of H-Bomb test
- All Georgia counties under state of emergency alert
- Putin Says He Believes US Willing To Defuse Korea Tensions
- Pitch-invader aims kick at PSG star Kylian Mbappe