"My personal message is very clear, that they should consider this situation with the eyes of humanity", she told the BBC. They have lived in Myanmar's Rakhine State for centuries but have suffered and repressed under Burmese government.
But the Rohingya are extremely unpopular inside Myanmar.
The UN refugee agency says at least 313,000 Rohingya have now arrived in Bangladesh from Myanmar's Rakhine state since August 25, around a third of the total population of 1.1 million.
In an address to the United Nations human rights council in Geneva, Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein denounced the "brutal security operation" against the Rohingya in Rakhine state, which he said was "clearly disproportionate" to insurgent attacks carried out last month. Total number of refugees entering Bangladesh since October 2016, has risen to more than 450,000.
"Last year, I warned that the pattern of gross violations of the human rights of the Rohingya suggested a widespread or systematic attack against the community, possibly amounting to crimes against humanity, if so established by a court of law", he said. To improve relations we are providing free training to the military, even as it is committing ethnic cleansing. "We are not saying they should send troops there, but impose political and economic pressure", Khamenei said.
Mr Zeid, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, said the current operation in Rakhine was "clearly disproportionate".
The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) expressed grave concern over the systematic brutal acts perpetrated by security forces against the Rohingya Muslim community in Myanmar.
A Myanmar military source told Reuters news agency that mines had been placed along the border in the 1990s and the army had since tried to remove them, but added that none had been planted in recent days.
Eyewitness interviews conducted in overflowing refugee camps in neighboring Bangladesh - whose foreign minister said the violence constitutes "genocide" - have described mass killings and the burning of villagers inside their homes.
- Putin Warns: Don't Push North Korea Into 'Dead End'
- Star Wars: Episode IX Director Confirmed
- Irma seen weakening to tropical depression by Tuesday afternoon: NHC
- Vikings open 2017 tonight hosting New Orleans
- Millions without power in Florida as deadly Irma plows north
- United Nations imposes tough sanctions on North Korea
- Hurricane Irma hits Florida with wind, flooding
- Apple announces third generation smartwatch with LTE
- Kim Jong Un fetes North Korean nuclear scientists, holds celebration bash
- Irma's final phase: Flooding in the Southeast is biggest concern