Aerial photo of the floadings in the costal town of Loiza, in the north shore of Puerto RicoHurricane Maria passed through Puerto Rico leaving behind a path of destruction across the national territory.
Part of that may include restoring electrical power. Just 37% of people ages 18-29 knew that island-born boris are US citizens.
Yes, it's true that Texas and Florida are USA states, but Puerto Rico is a US territory, making it also a part of our nation. Five days later and little has changed as the U.S. territory is at risk of descending into a very real and very worrying humanitarian crisis. A text from her sister on Tuesday says she has also gotten sick and is anxious about the painful welts growing on her face. Volunteers have gathered to separate goods that will be sent to Puerto Rico.
Furthermore, the fact that our own president is only now going to Puerto Rico - a week after the hurricane hit - to offer his aid, is absolutely ridiculous.
Rubio said during a Facebook live Wednesday that he hasn't been to Puerto Rico yet, because he didn't want to be another body taking up precious space on one of the limited flights to the island. I wonder if he realizes that these are American citizens in Puerto Rico. Nope, he's tweeting that Puerto Rico should be dealing with its debts instead.
The Red Cross of western MA says they have dozens of trained disaster relief volunteers ready to deploy, but traveling to Puerto Rico is hard.
"She said 'we made it.' She said 'we don't have any food or water here.' She said there are long lines for the bank. And she said 'no I am not dead I am alive!'" says Tobar.
- Yellen makes case for gradual tightening
- Kim K reveals moment she fell in love with Kanye
- Trump meets with House panel to talk up GOP tax plan
- US sends more aid to Puerto Rico, a week after Maria
- Tottenham fans rave about midfielder's performance against APOEL: "Blinder", "Outstanding"
- NFL won't punish Titans for skipping national anthem
- See Chicago Cubs Shortstop Destroy a Cardinals Fan's Nachos
- Thunder's Big 3 a legitimate threat to the Warriors
- Erdogan Warns Israel to Keep Hands Off Kurdish Independence
- Crystal Palace, Brighton & Chelsea: Winners & Losers of Premier League Week 6