In the short history between these two teams the Chargers lead the series 7-4.
After an early injury to Darren Sproles in the win over the Giants, it might have seemed like the flawless time for coach Doug Pederson to dump the run and go pass-heavy for the remainder of the game and, possibly, even the season.
The Chargers should be able to get pressure on Wentz unless Lane Johnson and Peters have truly great games. They are also coming off a victory against rival NY last weekend, where rookie kicker made a 61-yard field goal to win it as time expired.
Keenan Allen leads the Chargers with 19 receptions, one a TD.
Again, for all intents and purposes, this is a playoff game for Los Angeles on Sunday afternoon.
The Los Angeles Chargers have gotten off to a rather disappointing start at 0-3.
The Chargers can't even blame Koo for their problems last week when they lost 24-10 to Kansas City.
Eagles (+1) over CHARGERS: The Chargers sit at 0-3 following their second consecutive home loss, against the Chiefs.
"But I do know that our fans do travel well, and they are all over the country and I would expect probably a good turnout for Eagle fans this weekend". He leads AFC, is second in National Football League with 5 ½ sacks.
And, despite being minus-three in turnover margin, the Chargers still had chances to tie the Chiefs in the closing minutes. He has two sacks and two pressures on the left side and one sack (PFF credited Bosa with three sacks) and four pressures from the right side.
Some fans may still be desperately trying to hold onto hope that the Chargers will be a wild card pick, but if that were to happen, it could end up doing more harm than good. He did manage 67 yards and a touchdown last week as Doug Pederson had him split carries with Wendall Smallwood. Los Angeles allowed 172 rushing yards to Kansas City rookie sensation Kareem Hunt and the high number of downfield tackles help explain linebacker Jatavis Brown's NFL-leading 36 tackles. The fifth-year pro is off to a torrid start with 21 receptions for 245 yards. He has historically ranked among the NFL's best QBs at combating the blitz. The Birds have had their defense decimated by injuries, and their secondary will be their most vulnerable position on Sunday. Ertz has caught 75 or more passes each of the two past two seasons and looks on his way to topping that output this season. "Once you get the ball you have to turn into a punt returner or runner, and just go at it". One area the former Stanford standout needs to improve at is finding the end zone.
Eagles rookie kicker Jake Elliott was named the league's Clutch Performer of the week, as voted by fans.
- Opposing tight ends have been targeted 27 times in the first three games. The Chargers should find ways to get the Wisconsin product involved early and often against a Philadelphia defense missing its best player in defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, who's out with a calf injury. He's thrown 295 touchdown passes and 150 interceptions since 2007. With less than four minutes to go, the tandem of Rivers and Royal would thump the Eagles for a third time on the afternoon, this time on a 15-yard touchdown connection to put the Chargers in front 30-27.
- Trump says protests will hurt National Football League business
- ICE Cracks Down on Sanctuary Cities - Arrests Nearly 500 on Immigration Charges
- Elite pass rushers, friends Khalil Mack, Von Miller meet again Sunday
- Get the intel on the Rams before Cowboys face them
- Mercedes cautious ahead of F1's farewell to Malaysia
- Mumbai stampede is a man-made tragedy: Twitter has proof
- 'You're Going Straight To Hell' For Blasting San Juan Mayor
- Mexico natural disaster : Children trapped in school WhatsApp parents
- Trump proposal slashes taxes on businesses, the rich amid deficit worries
- Russia, N Korea to discuss nuclear crisis in Moscow