After a professional and consummate win against Brighton and Hove Albion on Sunday, thanks to a scrappy Nacho Monreal finish and well-worked Alex Iwobi goal, they now sit above Liverpool, level on points with Chelsea, and within touching distance of Spurs.
Arsenal have always been fluid and full of movement in attack, but it has left them more than a little exposed at the back and sometimes unable to break down stubborn sides.
"I would have loved to be able to continue to play, but we can not do anything about that", Wenger said after his side's 2-0 league win over Brighton & Hove Albion.
As expected, Arsenal enjoyed large spells of possession throughout the first half but failed to consistently test Brighton goalkeeper Matt Ryan.
"Ozil doesn't do that part of the game, and if you don't do that you can't play in this day and age. Overall we need creativity and the best example is certainly our second goal". A year ago after six games, Man City were top with 18 points, so let's not go to quick conclusions.
Solly March nearly hit back with Albion's first real chance of the half, with a free-kick routine resulting in a free shot that hit the post.
Despite playing its third match in a week, Arsenal looked dominant once more at the Emirates Stadium and extended its unbeaten streak to seven matches across all competitions. In transition after that when we were able to break forward there was a lot of space for us.
'We eased off in concentration and decision-making and then it becomes a bit harder.
"The progression is there from the team I feel". But I don't think they have gotten as far as that.
Dribbling, passing and intelligent positional play are already part of the Nigerian's game and with more goals surely to come it won't be long before Iwobi follows in the footsteps of his Uncle Jay-Jay by achieving greatness for club and country.
Arsenal lost two of their opening three top-flight games this season to raise serious questions about their ability to challenge for a top-four place this season.
"It's a bitter feeling that we didn't do better also, especially Bournemouth away".
- Is Deshaun Watson viable starter every week?
- Pixel 2 Launching Oct 19th, Pixel 2 XL on Nov 15th
- Guardiola purring after City victory
- Nagpur ODI: Australia opt to bat; Bhuvi, Bumrah, Kuldeep returns
- IOS 11.0.1 Update Comes with More Bugs and Problems
- Wild last play in Chiefs-Redskins game results in awful bad beat
- Bestop Donates $6234 to American Cancer Society as Part of Project Pink
- Farhad Moshiri pledges 'total support' to Koeman
- Max Verstappen wins Malaysian Grand Prix
- Take-a-knee protests at National Football League games drop dramatically after backlash