Unfortunately, Sony didn't give out an exact release date for the new PlayStation VR headset in North America. The result is a cleaner and simpler design many will appreciate. It will be interesting to see if Sony makes any changes to its direction under new leadership over the next few years. Earlier this year, Sony reduced the price of its headset by $50 to $400. This will help you differentiate the two at retail, as stores will likely be selling old stock alongside the new model for quite some time after launch.
As well as this, model number CUH-ZVR2 will come with an updated Processor Unit that supports HDR pass through. Coupled with a slimmed down connection cable, the result is a cleaner look compared to its CUH-ZVR1 predecessor. The function can be used only when the VR headset is turned off.
Not exactly a second-generation version of its virtual reality (VR) headset which made its debut past year, the new PS VR is more of a smartphone-esque refresh, likely created to make the headset as appealing as possible with Xmas and the holiday season approaching. It did mention, however, that the price of the bundle won't change when it reaches other regions too.
On Monday, Sony updated the PlayStation VR FAQ on the PlayStation Blog to reflect the fact that a new model of the hardware will be launching in the near future. Those wishing to get the HDR pass through functionality will have to upgrade to the new PlayStation VR.
In 2016, #Sony entered the virtual reality market with its #playstation vr headset or the PSVR. Facebook-owned Oculus managed to shipped a total of 246,900 units with an 11.6% market share, and HTC has 4.4% share. In the 8 month period from its launch in October 2016 to June of 2017, the PS VR sold over 1 million units!
- LA Chargers Hope To End Losing Streak As They Face Philadelphia Eagles
- Equifax hack affected 2.5M more Americans than first believed
- F1 Loses Out to Motorcycle Grand Prix in Malaysia
- Seahawks RB Chris Carson Carted Off With Apparent Broken Leg
- Pentagon: More than half of Puerto Ricans without access to drinking water
- IOS 11.0.1 Update Comes with More Bugs and Problems
- Pixel 2 Launching Oct 19th, Pixel 2 XL on Nov 15th
- No fans attend Barcelona match during Catalonia's independence referendum
- Farhad Moshiri pledges 'total support' to Koeman
- Bestop Donates $6234 to American Cancer Society as Part of Project Pink