The translation feature will also be made available in an update to Pixel models released past year. In a way this laptop seems to be positioned to compete against Apple's MacBooks as well as Microsoft's Surface tablets, with one of the features being an accompanying stylus called the Pixelbook Pen. If it qualifies, the entry-level Pixel will earn you up to $350, the 128GB variant will earn you $10 more while the base model of the Pixel XL will earn you $400 and the 128GB variant will earn you back an impressive $410 almost half the price of the Google Pixel 2 XL. They are available to pre-order in the United Kingdom starting at $649 (£492). Google is borrowing from Apple's playbook as it takes on its rival in high end of the smartphone market. Google never said that.
The Pixelbook is available in 3 configurations and comes at a starting price of $999, with an extra $99 for a pen or stylus with it.
After conquering the mobile operating system ecosystem, search engine space and video space, it seems that Google has set its sights on the hardware business.
The mini-version of the Google Home speaker is priced at $50, along with a more advanced model at $399, which uses AI to adjust the sound to the ambiance or size of a particular room.
Talking to TechCrunch after the event, Google product chief Mario Queiroz tried to justify this move. However, Google didn't hesitate to make some other jabs at Apple at the event. The pre booking will start from October 26th, while the devices will be up on sale by mid- November.
Also new are Pixel Buds, which are technically wireless headphones, but the buds are connected with a string. "When the waiter responds in Italian, you'll hear the translation through your Pixel Buds". All of the audio controls are on the right earbud, which can be tapped to play or pause music, and swiped to control the volume.
- Texas manufacturer of 'bump stocks' halts new sales
- More Republicans in Congress, and NRA, open to changes on "bump stocks"
- Google présente une série de nouveaux appareils
- Argentina coach Sampaoli still 'confident' of World Cup berth
- Trevor Bauer, Indians shutout Yankees to take Game 1, 4-0
- Hundreds rush to blood banks after Las Vegas shooting
- Las Vegas Shooting Comes Ahead of House Vote on Gun Silencer Bill
- Trump to 'decertify' Iran nuclear deal
- Local EMAs eye Tropical Storm Nate
- The news conference that told us everything about gun control