- As NPR's Laurel Wamsley reports, Chicago's Blackstone Hotel confirmed Thursday that a reservation was made in the name of Stephen Paddock in August during the Lollapalooza concert in Grant Park. Danley was out of the country at the time of Sunday's attacks and said Paddock sent her to see her family in her native Philippines.
A US official familiar with the investigation said there was no evidence that Paddock had contacts with any extremist groups, or that he might have sought out militant groups online that could have incited him to carry out a mass shooting.
Police said they've looked at everything from family to political to social to economic status.
Panic and chaos took over the Las Vegas strip as Paddock opened fire and hundreds of rounds rained down from the 32 floor of the hotel. One of her sisters says she believes Paddock sent Danley away so she wouldn't interfere with his plans.
The retired accountant was found dead at the scene when police stormed his room.
Clark County, Nev., Sheriff Joe Lombardo told The Associated Press that investigators so far do not understand Paddock's "trigger point".
Mr Lombardo said investigators were examining the possibility Paddock's purchase of more than 30 guns in October 2016 may have been precipitated by some event in his life. Mr Lombard said his client was cooperating fully with authorities.
"It's troublesome this individual was able to move this amount of gear into a hotel room unassisted", Lombardo said". The same cannot be said for the fourth floor.
His girlfriend Marilou Danley, who was abroad in Asia during the shooting, returned to the U.S. on Tuesday. He wired her money - reportedly $100,000 - which she said she was supposed to use to buy a home.
"Was he doing pre-surveillance?" "We don't know yet", Lombardo said Wednesday.
The National Rifle Association (NRA) announced that it would support congressional action to regulate bump stocks following Paddock's attack.
Investigators are busy reconstructing Paddock's life, behaviour and the people he encountered in the weeks leading up to the shooting, FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe said.
Danley boarded a Philippine Airlines passenger jet in Manila, where she had travelled to before the shooting rampage, for a non-stop flight to Los Angeles International Airport, landing there as scheduled on Tuesday night. "We need to pop this and see if we get any type of response from this guy to see if he's in here or if he's actually moved somewhere else", an officer said.
But what led Stephen Paddock, 64, to unleash the carnage remains largely a mystery. Officials also did not immediately respond to an emailed request for comment.
Eight officers arrive in the stairwell at the opposite end of the hallway nearest to the suspect's room. He is someone who won and lost money through the years. The festival ran from Sept. 22 to Sept. 24.
In the video, you can hear the sound of an automatic weapon being fired into a crowd of fans at a country music concert.
- Las Vegas massacre: Gun lobby's surprise response
- Hats off to Harry Kane
- Getting fully automatic weapons might not be as easy as you think
- Google's new Pixel Buds earbuds: real-time translation
- Chris Sale's first career postseason start didn't go as planned
- 'Pique's behaviour exceptional' - Lopetegui defends under-fire Barca defender following Spain boos
- Dozens Die in Vegas Concert Shooting — Dramatic Images
- European Union: Catalonia referendum 'not legal
- 'India has to play with 12 players against USA'
- Vegas gunman wired $100000 to Philippines — WHAT'S HAPPENING