Jay Cutler threw for 164 yards and a touchdown on 20 of 28 passing, while Jay Ajayi led the team with 12 carries for 46 yards. The loss was Miami's second straight and dropped them to 1-2 on the season. Jay Cutler isn't paying dividends on the one-year, $10 million contract he signed in August, but the 34-year-old has cashed in on a pair of career starts versus Tennessee with five touchdowns, no interceptions and a 137.2 quarterback rating.
Matt Cassel in action in Miami.
After amassing a 10-6 record past year, the Dolphins (1-2) found themselves lagging behind the New England Patriots (3-2) and the surprising leader Buffalo Bills (3-1) in the AFC East standings.
Matt Cassel, who completed just four of his 10 pass attempts and was intercepted twice in last week's loss to the Houston Texans, earned the starting nod should the OR product be unable to go. The officials never blew the whistle, and Dolphins safety Reshad Jones took it in for the score.
The Dolphins won despite totaling just 178 yards.
He had a quarterback rating of 101.8 against the Chargers with the support of many Dolphin fans in Los Angles.
The Titans couldn't get out of their own way, either.
In fact, his longest touchdown pass of the season is a 29-yard connection to Kenny Stills against the San Diego Chargers in Week 1.
In the third quarter, Tennessee answered.
Packers' Adams back at practice after helmet-to-helmet hit: At Green Bay, Wisconsin, Receiver Davante Adams was back on his feet, in uniform, bouncing around the practice field and joking with teammates.
Ah, but maybe they can get it going against the Titans, who have allowed 99 first downs, more than any other team, and rank near the bottom in points and yards allowed.
The Dolphins' offense has been the worst, while the Titans' defense has merely been bad.
En route to stunning the Patriots in Foxboro last week, the Panthers showed a renewed commitment to having Cam Newton run the ball, a good sign for his health following offseason shoulder surgery. Starting in Phillips place will be rookie Davon Godchaux, who has started the last two games at defensive tackle.
- Trump, San Juan's Mayor Have Different Views On His Puerto Rico Trip
- Madrid Braces for a Declaration of Independence in Catalonia
- NRA Shocks Media, Backs Regs on Controversial Gun Bump Stocks
- Steelers back at home, ready for run-first Jaguars
- Georgia soldier among three Green Berets killed in West Africa
- Nate downgraded to tropical storm as it lashes US Gulf Coast
- Las Vegas gunman's vast arsenal included tracer bullets
- PM welcomes teams taking part in FIFA U-17 World Cup
- Bryce Harper, Ryan Zimmerman hit clutch home runs late in Nationals-Cubs
- Hurricane Nate set to hit the Gulf Coast before turning northeast