When pressed, he would only respond, "You'll find out". "Save your energy Rex, we'll do what has to be done!"
This has left political pundits wondering why Tillerson made a decision to back the President up rather than resign and keep some of his dignity.
"As I announced before a wonderful crowd in Little Havana earlier this year, we will not lift sanctions on the Cuban regime until it delivers full political freedom for the Cuban people", Trump said during an event for Hispanic heritage at the White House on Friday.
After much speculation, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who now serves as White House press secretary, weighed in on Trump's comment.
Another reporter questioned Mr Trump further and asked him if his statement was in reference to Iran or Isis, to which he replied: "We've got the world's greatest military people in this room".
Recently, Trump has been the subject of much criticism for his slow response to the relief effort in Puerto Rico. So does that mean he's on the way out? But is that true? "But other than that, we have a very good relationship".
Apparently Trump is upset over the fact that rumors are spreading that Tillerson called him a "moron" behind his back.
Following that move and Trump's now famous promise to meet any north Korean aggression with "fire and fury", Pyongyang declared that it would retaliate against the U.S.by any means possible.
"As we've said many times before, I know the president has, as I have from this podium on quite a few occasions, we're never going to say in advance what the president's going to do".
Does that work? In some cases, particularly with the European Union members, there's a case to be made that it does.
Still, Tillerson remains something of a puzzle to many in the media. He started his Presidential campaign by stating that when Mexico sends their people to the USA, "they're not sending their best". The Trump administration will also outline what steps would make the deal more palatable.
So we've got a president who is notoriously divisive about minorities giving a speech honoring Hispanics.What could go wrong?
- Las Vegas Gunman Stored Explosives, 1600 Rounds of Ammo in Parking Lot
- Mighty Mouse Broke The UFC Title Defense Record With An Otherworldly Move
- Las Vegas shooter may have planned more attacks, including car bombing
- Microsoft exec all but confirms that Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- Harry Kane admits England must improve after lacklustre win over Lithuania
- BJP, Cong fight over Jr Shah's windfall
- Trump's odd and ominous "calm before the storm" comment, not really explained
- Trump Demands Money for Border Wall in Exchange for Protecting "Dreamers"
- WWE Posts Update on Shane McMahon's Health After HIAC
- Las Vegas gunman may have scouted Boston locations online, including Fenway