A sudden outbreak of wildfires in Northern California is forcing the evacuation of some urban areas.
"The city is working structure fires..." The First Baptist Church in Pioneer has opened as a shelter, according to CAL FIRE.
A wind-whipped wildfire is burning through northern California, putting homes, hospitals and lives in danger.
The fire burned about 20 acres of brush at Green Island Road and Highway 29 and spread to an auto salvage yard, burning multiple vehicles before crews stopped its forward progress, fire officials said.
Napa County fire officials said that the wild fires had burned more than 68 square miles, destroying more than 50 structures. "We were trying to get to the room and the fire was very close", Alfonzo told the publication.
October is one of the most unsafe times of the year for wildfires in California. "It's a huge, huge tragedy, a huge, huge loss for so many people". Evacuation center @ 2590 1st St.
Evacuation centers in Sonoma County have opened at the Cloverdale Cirtus Fair, Sebastopol Vets Hall and Sonoma Valley High School, according to officials.
Sonoma Raceway staff said that additional updates on the wildfires' impact would be provided as needed.
It is not yet known whether any PGA Tour players were still at the resort, though tournament host Johnny Miller has a condominium there.
Center spokesman Jorge Fernandez says "everybody is safe so far".
Flames scorched the Kmart building on Cleveland Avenue.
Numerous patients were confined to beds and wheelchairs and had breathing or feeding tubes. Flames consumed mobile homes next to the Kaiser hospital while hospital employees rushed patients to safety.
Fountaingrove Inn, Santa Rosa: The 124 room luxury hotel, which was visible from Highway 101, "fell victim to the devastating fire in Sonoma County", according to a message general manager Justin Hayman posted on Facebook.
The total number of people ordered to leave their homes had not been calculated by early Monday.
The grass fire came during a Red Flag warning for the Berkeley Hills that remains in effect until 5 a.m. on Tuesday. Several residents said they saw homes burning.
- Wait for the talks, says UK PM's spokesman on possible Brexit breakthrough
- Power Shuts Down Again in Puerto Rico Capital, Setting Back Repairs
- Donald Trump, in photo op, talks of 'calm before the storm'
- Harry Kane admits England must improve after lacklustre win over Lithuania
- Microsoft exec all but confirms that Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- Las Vegas gunman may have scouted Boston locations online, including Fenway
- BJP, Cong fight over Jr Shah's windfall
- Joe Mixon scores first career National Football League touchdown as Bengals defeated the Bills
- Las Vegas gunman earned millions as a gambler
- 'Entire World Will Condemn America' If Trump Kills Iran Deal, Says Rouhani