The game will be broadcast on BTN. Central (7:30 p.m. Eastern).
Costly penalties also did the Wolverines no favors in this game and for the 8th time in 10 games MSU beats MI. For Frey, a senior, he has extra motivation, accumulating a winning 3-1 record against U-M in his four years.
As a quarterback, he nearly completed a Hail Mary in the 1995 AFC championship game that could have lifted the Indianapolis Colts into the Super Bowl. MI 18. South Florida 19.
Where does that rank among disappointing setbacks?
Despite Speight having "some cracks in his vertebrae", Harbaugh said Monday that "I don't know that he'll be out for the year".
Joe Bachie anchored a strong Michigan State defense that came to play in the Spartans' major 14-10 upset victory over the Michigan Wolverines. The offensive line struggled again, and outside of Donovan Peoples-Jones and Tarik Black in a year or two, there isn't a dynamic presence at receiver. MI will be in action this week as they travel to Bloomington, Indiana to take the Hoosiers in a noon kickoff.
Which players stood out for you this week?
Speight won the starting job in fall camp. "Like I said, it's a long season and we got to get ready for next week". But our defense has been playing unbelievable, you know, really well.
And as MSU jumped to the quick 14-3 lead, Lewerke credited his dad for that assist. Quarterback Kyle Kempt threw for 343 yards and three touchdowns while leading his team back from an 11-point halftime deficit.
On Northwestern's first drive, defensive tackle Curtis Cothran sacked Wildcat quarterback Clayton Thorson for a loss of eight before cornerback Amani Oruwariye picked off Thorson to keep Northwestern out of the end zone.
"Just stay your eyes on the man at all times", Hill said. You play in a rivalry game, it's not just another football game.
Brian Lewerke ran for a touchdown and threw for a score in the first half and the Spartans held on to beat the seventh-ranked Wolverines 14-10 on Saturday night.
"I'm not going to get into questioning the play-calling", Harbaugh said. "They had us on our heels the entire afternoon passing and I'm not sure we did enough behind the service line to cause them a whole lot of issues as well".
The Wolverines still have an outstanding defense that is No. 7 in points allowed per game (13.6). Hurst's quickness was on full display last night, getting into the backfield in a hurry.
Michigan State finished off the Buckeyes with one of their best defensive performances that season. Our goal was four turnovers coming in and we exceeded that, so that was great to see.
Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.
- Las Vegas gunman may have scouted Boston locations online, including Fenway
- Joe Mixon scores first career National Football League touchdown as Bengals defeated the Bills
- Microsoft exec all but confirms that Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- 'Blade Runner 2049' Dominates But Falls Short of Forecasts
- BJP, Cong fight over Jr Shah's windfall
- Curfew lifted in New Orleans following hurricane warning cancellation
- Padmavati Official Trailer| Ranveer | Shahid | Deepika | 1st December
- 'Entire World Will Condemn America' If Trump Kills Iran Deal, Says Rouhani
- Rick and Morty co-creators distance themselves from Szechuan sauce debacle
- Google Pixel Buds, Benchmark for Wireless Earphone Industry