The Weinstein Co. board of directors announced Sunday that Weinstein had been terminated, effective immediately. Weinstein has also threatened to sue the New York Times for what he called "reckless reporting".
1993: Disney bought the studio for between US$60 million and $80 million.
Weinstein's behavior had been the subject of whispers in Hollywood for decades. They helped launch the careers of Quentin Tarantino and Kevin Smith, and produced Oscar-winners like Shakespeare in Love and The Crying Game. The film had a sequel, and Weinstein made a decision to splice the two films together, retitling the movie The Secret Policeman's Other Ball.
The Weinstein Company's board didn't mince words and made it clear Weinstein was sacked.
This in-studio reaction wasn't enough for the show's creator apparently, as Michaels told reporters outside the show's building that the scandal was ignored because "it's a NY thing". "Only possible now because of women with bigger names far braver than me".
Weinstein's allegedly inappropriate behaviour towards women he worked with and those who starred in his films has been referred to as an open secret in Hollywood.
Days after Harvey Weinstein was accused of sexually harassing multiple women in an explosive New York Times article, another has come forward with allegations. A Times spokesman responded to the lawsuit threat last Friday by saying that "Mr Weinstein and his lawyer. have not pointed to any errors or challenged any facts in our story".
"Women have been talking about Harvey amongst ourselves for a long time, and it's simply beyond time to have the conversation publicly", Judd told the Times.
Writing for the U.K.'s Sunday Times, Campbell shares that Weinstein once asked her to "jump in the bath" with him as she heard him disrobe after summoning her to his hotel room in the Savoy for what she believed was a business meeting.
- Washington State vs. OR football
- Maple Leafs beat Rangers 8-5 in wild home opener
- Final JUSTICE LEAGUE Trailer Teases Superman's Return
- Police search for gunman's motive — Las Vegas shooting
- New England Patriots 3, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0 (1st)
- BlackBerry Motion image leaked; shows big screen and 3.5mm jack
- President Trump Reveals What He Told Mike Pence Before Today's NFL Game
- Track Hurricane Nate with webcams along the Gulf Coast
- Baseball: Maeda picks up win in relief for Dodgers in playoffs
- Dolphins score odd defensive TD on Matt Cassel sack