Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo updates the death toll to 59 killed and 527 injured during a press conference at the Metropolitan Police Department. Lot of problems, I guess, and we're looking into him very, very seriously, ' the US President told reporters as he left the White House to visit Hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico.
Paddock's girlfriend Marilou Danley was questioned by the Federal Bureau of Investigation on Wednesday and said in a statement she was unaware of the Paddock's plans.
What do we say now?
Former FBI hostage negotiator Clint Van Zandt said Paddock doesn't seem like your typical mass shooter - as he's older and not known to have a mental illness.
Law enforcement immediately begin trying to figure out where the shots are coming from while yelling at residents and tourists to get down.
Investigators have focused on Paddock's girlfriend Danley, 62, who arrived in Los Angles from her native Philippines Tuesday night. She is now out of the country in the Philippines.
A gunman perched on the 32nd floor of a Las Vegas hotel-casino unleashed a hail of bullets on an outdoor country music festival below, killing at least 58 people as tens of thousands of concertgoers screamed and ran for their lives, officials said yesterday.
Paddock sets up cameras inside his hotel suite, in the hallway and in his door's peephole, all of which may have been used to watch for people approaching his room, Lombardo says.
On Tuesday, officials offered new information on Paddock and how he planned the attack. Investigators have recovered 42 firearms belonging to the suspect, 23 guns in the hotel room and 19 found at his Mesquite home about one hour away. Bump stocks can be used to modify guns and make them fire as if they were fully automatic.
According to the National Rifle Association, in the state of Nevada, you don't need a permit to purchase or possess a rifle, shotgun or handgun.
Trump had been briefed earlier in the morning on the attack and tweeted, "My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the awful Las Vegas shooting".
Paddock's behavior leading up to the shooting and his alleged motives are now under the microscope. Lombardo said: "I'm pretty sure he evaluated everything that he did in his actions, which is troubling". "This person may have radicalised, unbeknownst to us, and we want to identify that source". More may die, as some of the 500 injured succumb to grave wounds.
- Police still looking for 'clear motive' in Las Vegas terrorist attack
- Georgia soldier among three Green Berets killed in West Africa
- NRA Shocks Media, Backs Regs on Controversial Gun Bump Stocks
- Police search for gunman's motive — Las Vegas shooting
- Dolphins score odd defensive TD on Matt Cassel sack
- Gunman had cameras inside and outside hotel room — Las Vegas
- Madrid Braces for a Declaration of Independence in Catalonia
- Trump, San Juan's Mayor Have Different Views On His Puerto Rico Trip
- Jose Altuve gets intentionally walked twice in Game 2 win
- Hurricane Nate set to hit the Gulf Coast before turning northeast