Danley said in her statement that Paddock had bought her an airline ticket to visit family in the Philippines and wired her money to purchase property there, and that she thought he might be planning to break up with her. He had even booked a room at a different location in Las Vegas last month overlooking a different music festival, possibly using it as a dry run for the one in which he wreaked so much havoc last Sunday night.
Marilou Danley, the Australian girlfriend of Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock, has given a chilling account of his mental health, according to two former Federal Bureau of Investigation officials.
As he approached, he was shot - through the door - by gunman Stephen Paddock.
On Sept. 28, the 64-year-old high-stakes gambler and real estate investor checked into Mandalay Bay and specifically requested an upper-floor room with a view of the Route 91 Harvest music festival, according to a person who has seen hotel records turned over to investigators.
But police have said they suspect Paddock may have had assistance at some point before the killings, based on the large number of guns, ammunition and explosives that were found in the hotel suite, his home, his auto and a second home searched in Reno.
Investigators are still trying to determine what could have led Paddock to open fire from his high-rise hotel room before killing himself.
The Chicago Tribune reports that an anonymous source in law enforcement confirmed that Paddock rented two rooms at Chicago's Blackstone Hotel, which overlooks Grant Park where the festival was held. McMahill said, "We have looked at everything, literally".
While investigators do not believe Paddock conspired with an accomplice, they are looking into the possibility that others knew about his plot beforehand, Clark County Undersheriff Kevin McMahill said Friday.
Danley was "really in love with Steve" and I am thankful to him "for sparing my sister's life", one of the Danley's sister said.
"I can't get into the mind of a psychopath at this point", he said.
"We're extremely proud of Jesus and more importantly we're happy for him and his family that his wound was not as numerous people that were killed".
- NRA Shocks Media, Backs Regs on Controversial Gun Bump Stocks
- 49ers vs. Colts, Sunday at 10 am
- Steelers back at home, ready for run-first Jaguars
- Family: Danley not involved in Vegas plot
- Jose Altuve gets intentionally walked twice in Game 2 win
- PM welcomes teams taking part in FIFA U-17 World Cup
- Hurricane Nate set to hit the Gulf Coast before turning northeast
- Hurricane Nate remains Category 1, expected to make landfall soon
- Nate downgraded to tropical storm as it lashes US Gulf Coast
- Final JUSTICE LEAGUE Trailer Teases Superman's Return