Local spokespeople say that the McDonald's at 2652 Alpine in Walker had a very limited supply and the restaurant on Plainfield NE only had the posters and stickers, but no sauce. Fans then took to Change.org to organize a petition for McDonald's to "bring back" the sauce.
The Szechuan sauce, which was featured in a recent "Rick and Morty" episode, is a favorite of mad scientist Rick. The restaurant chain tweeted out an apology calling the situation "not cool", along with news that the dipping sauce will be back this winter.
In a truly shocking turn of events, angry fans expressed their displeasure to Twitter and McDonald's released the following statement promising more sauce soon.
McDonald's teased a limited rerelease of the McNugget sauce for one day only, and some of these dorks reportedly drove for hours to participating locations to get some.
Irate Rick and Morty fans are furious over a McDonald's stunt that went badly wrong, the BBC reports. The Season 3 premiere saw an off the cuff homage to McDonald's, which famously introduced Szechuan sauce in the '90s to promote Disney's Mulan. In some cases, the clientele became so rowdy after learning of the shortage that police were called to the restaurants to disperse crowds.
In a 5 October 2017 press release McDonald's announced that the extremely-limited Szechuan Sauce release would occur on 7 October 2017: "Guys, we did it". In the episode, Rick tells Morty that his actions in the episode are motivated only for love of the sauce.
The result: a lot of disappointed people were unable to get the precious Mulan McNugget sauce.
Firstly fans reported that hundreds of people were queuing up to get a chance of tasting the now legendary dipping sauce.
McDonald's had offered the sauce on Saturday at select locations.
- Trump Demands Money for Border Wall in Exchange for Protecting "Dreamers"
- Google Pixel Buds, Benchmark for Wireless Earphone Industry
- Las Vegas gunman earned millions as a gambler
- Microsoft exec all but confirms that Windows 10 Mobile is dead
- Las Vegas Gunman Stored Explosives, 1600 Rounds of Ammo in Parking Lot
- Power Shuts Down Again in Puerto Rico Capital, Setting Back Repairs
- Harry Kane admits England must improve after lacklustre win over Lithuania
- Alphabet calls in the balloons
- The Walking Dead season 8 gets a new promo
- Spanish unionists: Catalonia is Spain