They arrived in South Africa with measured expectations - victory wasn't a realistic target - but a better display of grit was anticipated such has been their growth in recent times as a Test team.
This was Rabada's third 10-wicket haul in his fledgling career so far and he continues to lay claim to the mantle of the South Africa's next pace spearhead amid the injuries to Dale Steyn. He also went past 50 wickets for the calendar year.
Bangladesh's captain Mushfiqur Rahim bore the brunt of Olivier's aggression and there were many hearts in mouths when he was hit on the helmet and required treatment.
South Africa lead the two-test series 1-0.
The Proteas will now take on the Tigers in three ODIs, starting in Kimberley on Friday. South Africa's team manager, Mohammed Moosajee, who is also a medical doctor, arrived on the scene, inspected Mushfiqur and recommended he leave the field.
After a crushing 333-run loss in the first meeting, the tourists are on course for an even bigger drubbing in Bloemfontein.
He bowled short deliveries with great effect and bagged successive fifers to wrap up the Tigers for just 172 runs in their second innings and finished with figures of 5-30 to hand the visitors a comprehensive innings and 254-run demolition.
Dean Elgar's 10th Test hundred and Aiden Markram's first have put South Africa in a powerful position at tea on the opening day of the second Test with Bangladesh. A 90-minute rain delay at the start of day two didn't affect South Africa's dominance.
Duanne Olivier then removed Mominul Haque and captain Mushfiqur Rahim in quick succession before Wayne Parnell had Mahmdullah caught behind for four runs. Liton Das accounted for nearly half of Bangladesh's runs with 70.
Bangladesh still trail by 419 runs. There was a brief lull after tea when Mustafizur and Roy picked up a wicket apiece and kept the scoring under control while Amla and Du Plessis were playing themselves in. In South Africa, the live streaming is available on SuperSport Live, along with the live telecast on SuperSport. So, Proteas came to bat with their top two openers Elgar and Markram.
- Trump, San Juan's Mayor Have Different Views On His Puerto Rico Trip
- Hundreds of new emojis are coming to your iPhone soon
- Jose Altuve gets intentionally walked twice in Game 2 win
- PM welcomes teams taking part in FIFA U-17 World Cup
- Hurricane Nate set to hit the Gulf Coast before turning northeast
- Final JUSTICE LEAGUE Trailer Teases Superman's Return
- Kyle Busch Rides Hot Streak into Charlotte
- Dolphins score odd defensive TD on Matt Cassel sack
- Bryce Harper, Ryan Zimmerman hit clutch home runs late in Nationals-Cubs
- Police search for gunman's motive — Las Vegas shooting