PHILADELPHIA, PA - OCTOBER 08: Patrick Robinson #21 of the Philadelphia Eagles goes up for a catch against John Brown #12 of the Arizona Cardinals during the second half at Lincoln Financial Field on October 8, 2017 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Big Blue heads to Denver (3-1) this week for Sunday Night Football.
"It definitely helps from the standpoint of we really don't have time to dwell on your past success", coach Doug Pederson said. Same offensive line issues. Good for you, Nelly!
Wentz wasn't ready for prime time as a rookie in 2016, and he didn't have enough support from his passing game or running game.
Ask around the Philadelphia Eagles locker room, and you might hear as much about the team's family atmosphere as its sits 4-1 atop the NFC East. But if the Eagles keep this up for the next two weeks, everyone in the division will be looking up at them. It was his first of the season and the third of his two-year career.
The Eagles are way ahead of schedule in reaching 4-1, in Carson Wentz playing as well as he is, in the offensive weapons they've put around him clicking so fast.
ABOUT THE CARDINALS (2-2): Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald teamed up on a 19-yard touchdown in last week's 18-15 overtime win over San Francisco, and the duo has also done its fair share of damage against Philadelphia.
CHARGERS 27, GIANTS 22: In East Rutherford, New Jersey, Philip Rivers threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Melvin Gordon with 2:58 to play as San Diego (1-4) rallied to win its first game and keep NY (0-5) winless.
"They play a lot of man coverage, they like to press and we have playmakers on the edge who can get off man coverage and make plays", Wentz said.
"There's like a calm demeanor about him", Smith said.
Could it be that his overall performance, 21-for-30, 304 yards, four TDs, one interception, was the best he's turned in as a pro? At times, that has looked like a great idea for this team.
As Pederson pats the back-ups on the back, it wouldn't be possible without the starting quarterback. His ability to get his receivers open with his legs was the most impressive. He has not played significantly on defense before.
Then there's the Eagles, who have been better than you'd think that most people would've had them to begin Year 2 with Carson Wentz at the helm.
The Eagles picked up an important win against the Giants in Week 3, but in the process lost an important player.
Added Ertz: "He is the face of the franchise; as he goes, we go". It's my job to keep them grounded. "We're hungry", Wentz said. "These guys just work at it every day in practice". The Panthers have 17 sacks in their first five games.
- With Paul Perkins (ribs) inactive, Orleans Darkwa got the start at running back against the Chargers.
- Did YOU know about Harvey Weinstein's sexual harassment allegations? (Reader Poll)
- India Aiming to Seal T20I Series Against Australia
- WWE Hell In A Cell 2017 Results: Did Shane McMahon Win?
- James McClean Ruins Wales And Keeps Irish World Cup Hopes Alive
- Keenum leads 3 scoring drives as Vikings beat Bears 20-17
- Giants Odell Beckham Jr. Fractures Ankle In Game Against The Chargers
- Police reveal major change to timeline of Las Vegas shooting
- Anthony Rizzo had cocky comments after his winning hit
- Xiaomi Launches Mi Mix 2 For Rs 35999
- Florida Hospital doctors return from hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico