Both teams were winless coming into the game.
The New York Giants (0-5) are running out of receivers.
Photo Eli Manning fumbled on a hit by the Chargers' Melvin Ingram in the fourth quarter.
"Flash" Gordon ran harder as he administer a classic stiff arm to Giants' Jenoris Jenkins while gaining extra yards for a first down that extended the drive. "They kind of schemed us up on that last play because we were going to hold them to a field goal, but they got that one".
It's official: Odell Beckham Jr's season is over.
"I know this, we cannot.in the National Football League in any way give the implication that we tolerate disrespecting the flag", said Jones, also the team's general manager. "We needed a little bit more later in the game, but I thought our run game took a step forward today". Rookie Wayne Gallman carried the ball 11 times for 57 yards for the Giants.
The Colts wore black T-shirts with the words "We Will" on the front and "Stand for equality, justice, unity, respect, dialogue, opportunity" on the back for the second week in a row as players stood with their arms locked during the anthem. The latter gave the Giants a 22-17 lead with 13:31 remaining.
The Giants tried going back to basics during practice last week, simplifying the calls, homing in on the fundamentals, even turning off the music that typically blares at points so that the players could better focus. Neither player returned in the second half.
Beckham had five catches for 97 yards, including a 48-yard touchdown, at the time of the injury.
It was particularly painful for fans as Beckham had done much to rejuvenate the team's stumbling fortunes early on in the game.
If Jason Verrett was playing, this win would be a sure-fire thing as he would lock down Beckham.
Manning's attempt to rally the Giants in the final minute ended when he was intercepted by Tre Boston just inside Los Angeles territory. "Great teams do that". A few plays later Rivers found Gordon again for a 9-yard, game-winning touchdown.
"Yeah, I mean, it significantly altered the game", McAdoo said. They don't quit; they keep coming and coming.
Odell Beckham Jr.is carted off the field after suffering a broken ankle.
Beckham will undergo surgery this week to address a fractured left ankle, but the Giants have yet to formally schedule an appointment. You learn a lot about yourself in times like these.
"You never want to see anyone get carted off".
"We're all pros - this is what we get paid to do. So we've got to find a way to win". It is easy to point out their weak offensive line and therefore a poor run game, but they won 11 games with both of those issues a year ago.
But third downs doomed the Giants defensively in crucial moments.
On if Chargers made adjustments down the stretch...
In a 15 year career Owens had 1,132 receptions for 16,685 yards and 158 touchdowns.
- Houston Texans' JJ Watt Out For Season
- France - Biélorussie, éliminatoires Mondial 2018 : à quelle heure et sur quelle chaîne ?
- Iran warns US against designating its Revolutionary Guards as terrorist group
- Las Vegas officers describe raid on shooter's room in '60 Minutes' interview
- Stat Shows That Jurgen Klopp's High-Scoring Liverpool Continue to Be Top-Heavy
- Can General Motors Use Electric Cars To Revolutize American Car Making?
- India Aiming to Seal T20I Series Against Australia
- Keenum leads 3 scoring drives as Vikings beat Bears 20-17
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Stifel Nicolaus Maintains Rating And Updates Price Target
- Did YOU know about Harvey Weinstein's sexual harassment allegations? (Reader Poll)